HTS Robotics Engineer I- Jupiter, FL
Job no: 522447
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Palm Beach
Categories: Computer Science, Engineering
Department:37044120 - SR-MM-SCAMPAVIA LAB
HTS Robotics Engineer I
Responsible for the operations and maintenance of a fully automated, high-throughput compound management platform and/or an HTS platform that runs a variety of different biochemical and cell-based assay protocols.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive, nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Operate robotic platform(s) & support laboratory automation to reformat compounds and/or execute HTS assays in 96-, 384- and/or 1536-well format plates.
- Work with scientific, information technology and engineering support personnel to successfully develop & execute HTS and/or compound management protocols on state-of-the-art fully-automated platforms.
- Liaise with local scientists to provide interface between them and robotic automation and instrumentation found in the lab.
- Operate vendor or custom software to either run automated equipment or process large amounts of HTS-related and/or chemical inventory related information.
- Basic troubleshoot and maintaining various types of ancillary robotic automation and instrumentation found in the lab. This includes liquid handlers, microplate readers and plate washers/dispensers, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs work with direct supervision. Handles basic issues and problems and refer more complex issues to higher-level staff.
Commensurate with experience.
A bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization.
A bachelor’s degree in engineering and or an appropriate area of specialization or experience. Practical understanding of physics, physical chemistry, math/statistics, and engineering such as a chemical, mechanical, or a computer engineer degree as well as subject matter in biochemistry, and/or cell biology is desirable. Demonstrated technical proficiency performing complicated lab techniques, including equipment operation and maintenance, liquid handling, and automation. Demonstrated proficiency with MS office, particularly Excel & Access. Excellent communication and interpersonal and team skills. Attention to detail, strong mathematical & mechanical background. Experience with programing is desirable such as SQL, VB, C++, Java, HTML and/or Oracle DB experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume. To learn more about UF Scripps Biomedical Research, please click on the link: UF Scripps Biomedical Research.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This is a time-limited position.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin August 17, 2023.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend