The University of Florida Lastinger Center for Learning’s mission is to improve the quality of teaching, learning, and childcare. We research, develop, and scale equitable educational innovations for adults and children that put all learners on trajectories for lifelong success. Specifically, the Center targets kindergarten readiness, 3rd grade reading proficiency, and algebra proficiency as critical milestones in children's educational trajectory that are predictive of success in school and life. The Center works at the nexus of research, practice, and policy to develop sustainable systems that leverage educational technologies and improve the implementation of research-based practices. Housed in one of the nation's elite public research universities, the Center operates as a dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace focused on executing against UF's service mission to strengthen the human condition and improve the quality of life. The Lastinger Center is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a dynamic and diverse team.
Hybrid Work Location Policy:
Lastinger Center for Learning supports and promotes a healthy work-life balance. To achieve this, the Lastinger Center offers a flexible, hybrid work schedule that aligns with the university’s Flexibility in the Workplace Policy. Allowing employees to stagger arrival and departure times as necessary and to vary the number of workdays in the office so long as an employee’s FTE commitment is fulfilled within the university workweek. This policy also allows for occasional, incidental remote work based on individual circumstances.
This position is a member of the Academics team, led by the Chief Academic Officer.
Facilitation & Implementation
- Facilitate and support team members facilitating face to face, virtual and online professional
development learning experiences or learning showcases.
- Assist in creation of institute materials. This includes developing and creating learning activities,
assisting in the selection of materials, infusing adult learning strategies within materials, and
providing the evidence base that supports the selection of materials, programs, and strategies.
- Engage with instructors, TA coaches, Communities of Practice facilitators to support
implementation of high-quality content and resources based on current research and best
- Execute Implementation components of Project Charters with the implementation project budget
available: Travel, Materials, Personnel, other items necessary.
- Instruct courses within a virtual professional learning management system.
- Execute Implementation components of Project Charters within implementation project budget
available: Travel, Materials, Personnel, other items necessary
- Design and facilitate intensive, multi-day literacy-related professional learning experiences for
school administrators, coaches, and teachers
- Identify and manage systems for resource development and personnel as the literacy work expands.
- Provide onsite literacy coaching and school-level support for instructional leaders and teachers.
- Assist in the development of a framework that combines content related expertise (i.e., reading
instruction) and coaching practices.
- Collaborate to support other Implementation Team members as needed on specific implementation of
activities and tasks.
- Coordinate with clients of the project to ensure consistency in implementation and effective
- Collaborate as necessary to ensure project expectations are met per the deliverables contained in
the Project Charter.
- Serve as a liaison between practitioners and support positions including instructors, facilitators,
and technology team members.
- Collaborate with all Lastinger Center teams to design and promote high quality instructional practices and
project implementation success
- Works closely with direct supervisor to stay abreast of changes and share information from the field
to guide ongoing refinement of products and services.
- Works closely with the Product Management team to share feedback from educators to inform
research and design
- Keep accurate records which may include (but is not limited to) rosters; roster changes; starting and
ending dates for training, attendance at meetings and trainings; receipts and invoice records.
- Participate in meetings referencing deliverables (dates, people, materials, other supports)
Other duties as assigned