Research Assistant II - Garcia Lab
Job no: 525932
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Palm Beach
Categories: Biology/Life Science
Department:37044150 - SR-MM-GARCIA LAB
Research Assistant II
- Performs standard laboratory procedures such as maintaining cell cultures requiring the use of sterile technique, processing tissue samples and preparing slides using staining techniques.
- Performs various molecular biology techniques such as but not limited to: Western Blots, PCR, ELISA’s, and cytokine assays.
- Compiles data and assists in routine preliminary analyses; maintains research data in laboratory notebooks, writes summary reports and reports findings to investigator.
- Collects samples or data and performs lab analysis and/or quantifies and tabulates results.
- Operates laboratory and experimental equipment such as microtomes, microscopes, electron microscopes, spectrophotometers, centrifuges, analytical balances, photometers and spectrometers.
- Packages waste material and arranges for disposal according to established procedures.
- Assists with basic mathematical and statistical analyses.
- Follows established procedures to prepare solutions, media and reagents using arithmetical calculations for measuring; performs library research to find appropriate procedures, as required.
- Cleans glassware and other laboratory equipment or materials using appropriate standards; keeps laboratory area clean.
- Performs clerical tasks such as filing, typing, labeling and billing; inventories and requisitions supplies and materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with Experience.
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The applicant must have experience in general cell and molecular biology skills including mammalian cell culture, Western blotting, PCR, ELISA, and microscopy.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin April 21, 2023.
This is a time-limited position.
This requisition will be used to fill multiple positions.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend