Accountant II- Jupiter, Florida
Job no: 524216
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Palm Beach
Department:37010100 - SR-HA-ADMINISTRATION
This position is responsible for providing financial support to UF Scripps Biomedical Research end users. This includes providing guidance to end users and acting as a subject matter expert for fiscal systems functionality and financial information reports. The incumbent will work frequently with laboratory administrators, principal investigators, the Office of Sponsored Programs, the Controller’s Office, procurement and other users to deliver high-quality customer service, review current processes for efficiency and effectiveness and explore innovative solutions. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accounting Support: Responsible for managing fiscal and accounting functions and for formulating and recommending policies and procedures to effectively administer such financial programs. Maintains and ensures the integrity of account ledgers and handles a variety of funds for UF Scripps Biomedical Research. Works with departmental leadership in planning, coordination, and implementation of annual budgets. Reviews and researches transactions to provide information as requested. Reviews and posts journal entries such as expense corrections and transfer journals. Provides grants and contract management support. Investigates and analyzes accounting errors and works with appropriate departments to resolve the issues.
- Monthly Analysis and Reporting: Reviews the Monthly Financial Reports and other Enterprise Analytics reports. Assists with the preparing and reviewing monthly financial reports. Compiles data, prepares reports, and develops recommendations for policies, procedures, or control systems. Provides support for ad hoc reports from external reporting requests. Assists and supports departments with reporting questions.
- Special Projects: Performs projects for the Chief Financial Officer. Analyzes and evaluates business processes and recommends actions to streamline processes and improve operational efficiencies. Continuously monitors the effectiveness of existing technology and systems to ensure applicability and usefulness of systems. Proactively communicates with all stakeholders potentially impacted by recommended changes to ensure stakeholder engagement.
Commensurate with experience.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
- Experience with higher education or the State University System is preferred.
- This position must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work and maintain effective working relationships with others; to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to an accounting program; to effectively communicate in writing and orally; to utilize problem solving techniques and to work independently.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a full-time staff position that comes with a full benefits package. If eligible, employees can also receive tuition assistance through the Employee Education Program. To learn more about our Benefits.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a cover letter and resume.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
This is a time limited position.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend