The UF Small Animal Hospital is recruiting for a Client Service Representative (CSR) working with our Specialty departments. The Client Service Representative is expected to be an all-around floater and be comfortable working in all areas of client services including the call center, specialty services, emergency and primary care front desks, and satellite clinics. The CSR acts as a client advocate, ensuring that each client experience matches the excellent care offered to their pets. They are responsible for coordinating the daily activity of patients admitted and discharged from the Small Animal Hospital, communicating with clients during the course of their appointment, ensure the client is aware and understands charges, and performs other administrative tasks.
This individual works one-on-one with clients and hospital staff and must be able to develop friendly, professional relationships and maintain a positive attitude throughout all interactions. This position is responsible for facilitating clients’ visits, directing communications with clients during their visit, and acting as a liaison between the client and staff to ensure the visit goes smoothly. Individual must possess the ability to empathize with clients that are distressed by long waits, scheduling glitches, and other difficult situations. Individual should genuinely care about people and animals, possess excellent communication skills, highly organized, strong public relations skills, initiative to problem solve, active listening skills, confidence in handling customer interactions, relationship building skills, projecting a professional image, and good interpersonal skills. Must be outgoing, full of enthusiasm and a team player.
This position is considered essential personnel and will be part of the emergency response team.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, veterinary medicine, medical records, and billing systems.
- Proficiency with basic computer functions and ability to quickly learn new programs.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations involving money
- Good communication skills, verbally (telephone and person-to-person) as well as good literacy skills (ability to read and compose grammatically correct sentences) are critical to success on this position.
- Demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with clients from a variety of backgrounds in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate in a busy environment.
- Ability to make timely decisions in potentially stressful conditions while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work within a team and perform job duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload or work schedule while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and solve problems to achieve a desired outcome.
- Able to work in a team environment and collaborate with a variety of personnel in a positive manner; Able to maintain effective working relationships with clinicians, coworkers, students, and clients.
- Open to accept constructive criticism from senior staff and clinicians and respond accordingly.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
The Small Animal Hospital is opened 24/7 and our satellite clinic is open after regular business hours for emergencies. Schedules may change due to shift coverage and shifts will vary from 7am to 6pm. May be required to work weekends or asked to cover other shifts including overnights. Will participate in holiday schedule for covering the emergency front desk. Will be part of the Emergency Response Team and is considered Essential Personnel.
For consideration you must submit your resume/CV and a list of three references.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Yes; Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs, bend, kneel, pull, push, twist and stand for an extended period of time.