Smathers Graduate Internship in Exploring the Work and Times of Cuban Intellectuals in the Nineteenth Century
Job no: 512851
Work type: Student Ast
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Library/Physical/Social Science, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:55090100 - LB-DIGITAL LIB CTR-CHAIR
STU AST - CLERICAL & ADMIN
The intern will conduct research on nineteenth century Cuban intellectuals and will prepare related content to be published online. The intern will learn to use a set of Digital Humanities tools and Content Management System WordPress to share the research on the web. The website to be create will be bilingual, and the student will be required to read in Spanish and will be in charge of creating content in English and Spanish. The intern will attend trainings to learn the set of digital tools described and also to become more familiar with bibliographic searching and library management programs.
Be aware that while most of the work can be completed on campus, some of the training and meetings with the Internship Director will take place at the Interim Library Facility located at 4040 NW 49th Ave, 32609. We can provide transportation if needed.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m., up to 10 hours per week.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, writing and reading. At least one question during the interview will be asked in Spanish.
- Graduate student status
- Knowledge of academic online databases and research.
- Familiarity and willingness to work with and develop content using digital technologies.
- Ability to follow project goals while working independently.
- Ability to undertake literary, bibliographic, an historical research.
- Interest in digitization and library practice.
- Familiarity with Digital Humanities.
- Familiarity and interest in Cuban history and culture.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Excel, Word, Digital Humanities, WordPress, and digital collections.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend