The College of Pharmacy invites applications for the position of Chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy with experience commensurate with the rank of Professor.
The College of Pharmacy is seeking a visionary leader for the Department who is experienced in collaborative research partnerships and who will seize the opportunity as Chair to strengthen and expand its research vision for four specialty areas including pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacoeconomics, health services research, and artificial intelligence, and nurture the next generation of diverse scientists and leaders in the discipline. The ideal candidate will have a distinguished record of research, teaching, scholarly accomplishments, and leadership. They should also have extensive experience in professional and graduate education and in mentoring both junior faculty and graduate students. The Chair will be expected to work with the department in a collaborative, inclusive, and transparent manner to promote overall interests and development of the department faculty, staff, postdocs, and students, the Dean, and other leadership of the College of Pharmacy to fulfill its research, education and governance missions.
The department is highly integrative and collaborative, with a strong focus on building around several areas of excellence in pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacoeconomics, and pharmaceutical health services research with an added emphasis on the application of artificial intelligence methods in POP research. The UF College of Pharmacy possesses outstanding strengths across the drug discovery, development, and use pipeline, currently ranking #5 among colleges of pharmacy according to US News and World Report and #3 in federal and NIH research funding, according to the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. In recognition of its efforts to cultivate an accessible and welcoming environment, the College of Pharmacy has received national recognition as a multiple-time winner of Insight into Diversity Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award, a distinction bestowed to only six schools of pharmacy in the past year. The College is based in one of the largest integrated academic health centers in the country, with Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Public Health and Health Professions, and Veterinary Medicine, as well as UF Health and the Veterans Affairs Medical Center, situated on a campus serving over 50,000 students. The growing department consists of 13 tenured and tenure-track faculty in addition to affiliated faculty. It has a well-recognized residential graduate program with 30+ residential PhD and MS students and a growing online MS program with 150+ students. The department’s research infrastructure is supported by the Center for Drug Evaluation and Safety (CoDES), which facilitates research collaborations in real-world populations using a variety of big data sources. Exceptional opportunities for synergistic growth exist through the campus-wide Artificial Intelligence initiative and through joining forces with Scripps Florida to promote outstanding biomedical research.
The College of Pharmacy is committed to fostering an environment where team members feel included, respected, and are empowered to do their best work. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and are committed to developing leaders who respect, support and have a positive impact on all individuals. In recognition of its efforts to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment, the College of Pharmacy was the recipient of a 2021, 2022, and 2023 Insight into Diversity Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefits offered to the successful candidate include:
- Low-cost State Health plans, a number of Dental plans to fit you and your family's needs, and Vision. Domestic partner coverage through GatorCare is also available. Optional plans such as life, disability, legal, and accident insurance are also available.
- Competitive pension plans, investment accounts, and a host of voluntary addons, such as 457 deferred compensation and 403(b) plans.
- Generous leave programs including vacation, sick leave, 11 paid holidays, personal leave days, and family medical leave. TEAMS employees accrue approximately 22 vacation days and 13 sick days annually, as well as 4 personal leave days, typically used during the holiday closing period (accruals based on full-time employment).
- Flexibility to deal with life's challenges by offering up to eight weeks of paid family leave in a 24-month period for qualifying events.
- Continue your education with UF's Employee Education Program, which is available to eligible employees, providing tuition assistance for up to six credit hours of instruction per semester for eligible college credit courses.
For more information, visit HR Benefits and Rewards (ufl.edu) (https://benefits.hr.ufl.edu/).
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
The Search Committee will accept applications until the position is filled. Formal review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a viable applicant pool is established.
For consideration, please attach the following to your online application:
- Cover letter
- CV/Resume – As a part of our review we look for a full CV which includes all professional appointments/engagements, all post-secondary education, and all publications from post-secondary education and all respective dates.
- A list of 3 professional references. References will not be contacted without the applicant’s permission.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida College of Pharmacy strives to provide an accessible and welcoming environment for all who share in our mission-driven pursuit of excellence, including those from diverse backgrounds. The college is committed to cultivating an environment where everyone is respected for their intrinsic value, and developing the next generation of clinicians and scientists who will positively impact the health of others.
We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the department’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of underrepresented groups, protected veterans, and persons with disabilities.
The University of Florida offers a salary commensurate with education and experience, resources to promote health and well-being, and a robust leave package with family-friendly benefits.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.