OPS Research Assistant/Clinical Coordinator
Job no: 528597
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Allied Health, Grant or Research Administration
Department:26030100 - HH-APK-ADMINISTRATION
OPS HOURLY NON-SECRETARY/CLERICAL
The person in this position must have a research interest in recruitment and collection of functional MRI, electrophysiological, and biomechanics data from stroke participants, as well as learning/performing data processing using MATLAB and/or neuroimaging software such as FSL/python. They will be responsible for working with our clinicians to identify participants, as well as manuscript preparation and maintaining our research protocols up to date. Additionally, they will help the PI and other students in the laboratory in conducting daily research activities. They will receive additional training to help with our rodent experiments, such as MRI scanning and behavioral shaping.
||Commensurate with education and experience – salary range 40K-53K
Preferred candidates will have:
- A master's or bachelor’s degree in physical therapy, biomedical engineering, psychology, neuroscience or related field to work
- Prior experience in working with patients and performing clinical assessments is preferred.
- Knowledge of biomechanics, EMG recordings, or MRI scanning is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MATLAB and statistical analysis is preferred.
- Knowledge of MRI analysis or FSL software is a plus.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must submit the application and email a resume, as well as indicate why you are interested in this position to:
Shahab Vahdat, Ph.D.
Director of Sensorimotor Plasticity Lab
Department of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
McKnight Brain Institute, affiliated
University of Florida
Research lab: www.vahdatlab.org
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend