Photographer, Student Assistant
Job no: 518187
Work type: Student Ast
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Arts/Museum, Student Affairs/Services
Department:05230000 - RU-MARKETING / RETAIL ADMIN
STU AST-NON-CLERICAL & ADMIN
All student employees with Student Life must:
- Be a current University of Florida full-time student in good standing with at least a 2.0+ GPA
- Respond to and assist with emergency situations and building evacuations per department procedures or as instructed by building management staff.
- Provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Establish an exemplary work ethic by being proactive, self-motivated, and dependable
- Participate in all scheduled meetings, trainings, and evaluations
- Possess the ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and academic breaks, as needed
- Act as an ambassador for all Student Life areas as well as the University of Florida, providing accurate information and campus resources
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Photograph and edit projects highlighting the programs, offerings of student spaces, primarily within the Reitz Union and Newell Hall.
- Ideate, create and pitch unique content ideas for the area’s various social platforms.
- Assist in and provide an educated voice in the planning, development and execution of marketing plans.
- Maintain care of all photo equipment.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with clients, co-workers and vendors in an agency style work environment with both student and professional staff including graphic designers, marketing assistants, videographers, communication specialists and more.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Portfolio submission is required. The portfolio may be submitted via link in the application or by email to Hannah Farrell at HFarrell@ufsa.ufl.edu
- Must be a currently enrolled University of Florida student
- Willing to work 10-12 hours per week
- Must be available to work weekdays, and some evening and weekends
- Demonstrated previous experience utilizing photography equipment and Adobe CC editing software
- This position is open to all students who are eligible to work on campus and must maintain a 2.0 grade point average. Registered students are employed on a part-time basis, up to 20 hours per week.
- Must be available to work weekdays, weekends, and evenings
- Demonstrated previous experience utilizing videography and photography equipment and software
- Have an interest in people and building positive relationship that make our department and the UF community better
- Ability to demonstrate intelligent thinking and an eye for detail and accuracy
- An interest in thinking creatively, strategically and collaboratively to aid in educating our community on the experiences and offerings available to enhance the UF experience
- This area is Mac-based utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Applications must be submitted by 11:55pm of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend