Coastal Resilience Program Coordinator II
Job no: 527797
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Education/Training/Instructional Design, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:57202000 - FSG-EXTENSION
Education/Training Spec II
The Florida Sea Grant (FSG) Coastal Resilience Program coordinator is responsible for expanding FSG’s capacity to conduct resilience-related extension and education programs. They will work to expand the scope and application of existing FSG climate and resilience programming and working groups as well as develop and deliver new materials and programs. This position coordinates with synergistic and complementary programs at UF, most notably within UF/IFAS (e.g., Nature Coast Biological Station and the College of Design, Construction and Planning (i.e., Department of Landscape Architecture), to meet program deliverables. Responsibilities also include creating educational materials related to resilience (e.g., blogs, video, social media, print) and mechanisms for disseminating those materials (e.g., website). FSG is a 50+ year old grant funded organization through NOAA and this 1.0 FTE position has initial support for four years and an anticipated location at the Nature Coast Biological Station in Cedar Key.
Expand FSG’s Resilience Efforts
- Lead the development of new Work Action Group and coordinate and market resilience extension and education programming to better meet clientele needs.
- Conduct and evaluate extension programming including leading tours of living shorelines sites, assisting with teaching (and training others to teach) Climate Smart Floridians, living shorelines contractor classes and/or Master Naturalist coastal shoreline restoration classes.
- Create new programming and/or resources to address stakeholder needs (e.g. a realtor training program).
Increase communication of results
- Explore ways of incorporating results of FSG-funded research into extension/education programming.
- Plan or assist in planning events that highlight FSG’s coastal resilience products and outcomes.
Liaising with Resilience-Focused Groups to Expand/Collaborate on Initiatives
- Liaise with PLACE:SLR and similar external regional groups to expand community connection dialogues (or other activities) into new geographic areas.
- Identify and develop additional partnerships within UF that could be cultivated to further expand FSG’s resilience efforts.
Other activities as assigned.
$19.16 - $23.95 per hour
||Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Certified Climate Change Professional (CC-P, https://climateofficers.org/certification-professional) credential, or similar
- Experience in event planning
- Teaching and/or public outreach experience and experience leading teams
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Canva and similar tools
- Comfort learning new tools to enhance extension and teaching
- Experience using online communication tools such as social media, YouTube, and distance education software (Zoom, Canvas, etc.)
- Organized and detail-oriented, skillful communicator
- Commitment to support diversity, equity, inclusion, justice and accessibility (DEIJA) in and foster DEIJA within resilience work
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered you must upload your cover letter, resume and a list of references.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend