The University of Florida Lastinger Center for Learning’s mission is to improve the quality of teaching, learning, and childcare. We research, develop, and scale equitable educational innovations for adults and children that put all learners on trajectories for lifelong success. Specifically, the Center targets kindergarten readiness, 3rd grade reading proficiency, and algebra proficiency as critical milestones in children's educational trajectory that are predictive of success in school and life.
The Center works at the nexus of research, practice, and policy to develop sustainable systems that leverage educational technologies and improve the implementation of research-based practices. Housed in one of the nation's elite public research universities, the Center operates as a dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace focused on executing against UF's service mission to strengthen the human condition and improve the quality of life. The Lastinger Center is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a dynamic and diverse team.
Hybrid work location policy:
Lastinger Center for Learning supports and promotes a healthy work-life balance. To achieve this, the Lastinger Center offers a flexible, hybrid work schedule that aligns with the university’s Flexibility in the Workplace Policy. Allowing employees to stagger arrival and departure times as necessary and to vary the number of workdays in the office so long as an employee’s FTE commitment is fulfilled within the university workweek. This policy also allows for occasional, incidental remote work based on individual circumstances.
Responsibilities will include:
General Technology Support:
- Respond to service requests, investigate issues and solutions for system problems in an effective, timely manner.
- Responsible for a video editing studio system setup and maintenance.
- Coordinate with external vendors and UFIT services to maintain appropriate performance and resolution processes, including Azure data infrastructure.
- Supports emergency and disaster recovery plans for program areas.
- Coordinate phone systems, cable infrastructure, communication equipment and port assignments.
- Coordinates UF risk assessment processes for internal and external applications.
User Hardware Support
- Responsible for procuring, installing, and maintaining computer hardware and software and other products and supplies necessary to keep computer systems operable and to fulfill requests for computer support. Act as liaison between hardware and software suppliers and center. Responsible for shipping equipment to remote associates.
- Responsible for onboarding new staff with computer resources including but not limited to procuring workstations through UF vendor agreements.
- Maintain inventory of all technology equipment and coordinate UF tag assignments and surplus equipment.
- Create, maintain, and enforce UF and center policies and procedures regarding all computer equipment, use and operations.
- Responsible for web and data server infrastructure.
User Software Support
- Provide instruction for users on computer system usage and application configurations.
- Meet with staff to gather, analyze, and prioritize system enhancement requirements. Document requirements specifications for enhancements. Document new processes, procedures, and configurations.
- Responsible for end user Windows and Mac computer resources, software applications, and associated equipment.
Other Duties as Assigned