Associate Director of Research Safety (Clinical, Lab Safety, & Hazardous Materials)
Job no: 526619
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Executive/Director/Management, Environmental/Occupational Safety
Department:71010000 - EHS-ENVR / HLTH / SAFETY-ADMIN
ASO DIR, Environ Hlth & Safety
Assists in the direction of the University Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Program. Assists the Program Head with:
Provides administrative, leadership, and technical direction for the departments of Laboratory Safety, Hazardous Materials Management and Clinical Safety. Develops and oversees the Chemical Hygiene program, policies, and practices, and trainings for the University.
Guiding the programs of the division; assists in foreseeing the evolving needs of the institution, research possible solutions, assembling applicable information, decision making, planning and formulating policies to operationalize new programs and modifications to existing programs.
Staying current on regulatory developments pertinent to the activities of EH&S and ensuring full compliance.
Monitoring the activities of EH&S and analyzing management strategies for improving effectiveness in providing services to the University; assists in determining fiscal, facility and staffing requirements of the division.
Maintaining effective communications within the division and with the campus community; serves as liaison with entities outside of UF as needed.
Commensurate with education and experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Prefer an advanced degree (Master or PhD) in an appropriate field of science or engineering (preferably chemistry or chemical engineering) or a related field with technical expertise in lab safety, chemical safety, and hazardous material management
- Prefer ten (10) years of appropriate work experience desired.
- At least six (6) years of professional experience in lab safety and/or lab research experience.
- Strong background in chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory safety regulations.
- Knowledge of clinical safety.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to explain issues fully, logically, and concisely to clients (laboratory staff members).
Post offer health assessment and criminal background check required.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following:
- Cover letter
- List of References
- A written statement (1-2 pages) on your vision for the Chemical Hygiene Program in a R1: Doctoral University
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend