Assistant Vice President, Strategic Research Development
Job no: 525565
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Executive/Director/Management, Grant or Research Administration
Department:11070000 - RE-RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT
- Provide UF Research and campus leadership feedback to refine strategic research objectives based on federal budget and research priorities. Network and build relationships with faculty and across the University research enterprise to ensure effective communication and interaction with UF Research.
- Identify and promote strategic funding opportunities. Provide competitive intelligence and assist with recruiting investigator teams based on knowledge of faculty expertise to pursue strategic awards and large multidisciplinary grant proposals and projects.
- Build and advise on best practices for research and creative activities development, organize strategic research development teaming opportunities; facilitate working groups in emerging interdisciplinary research initiatives.
- Create a streamlined process and facilitate development of tools and resources to incentivize and facilitate development of large proposals. Oversee the management of complex proposal development efforts, including but not limited to facilitating proposal team meetings; creating and managing virtual shared workspaces; organizing responses to requests for proposals, requests for information, broad agency announcements, and other funding opportunity announcements.
- Facilitate the development of institutional templates for common proposal components. Develop the partnerships necessary to address the writing of non-technical proposal components (e.g., diversity and inclusion, education and outreach, management, data management, facilities, etc.).
- Provide comprehensive editorial review on large proposals. Coordinate cost-share requirements for project proposals. Provide guidance to staff on generation of letters of support.
- Lead the design and implementation of faculty strategic research development trainings to successfully develop their research portfolios and providing well-structured programs to faculty by determining topics for events that will assist faculty, including but not limited to panel discussions, grant writing workshops, and guest speaker visits.
- Facilitate and manage: the institutional limited submissions process; the seed grant programs and other strategic initiatives; and the periodic review of centers, institutes and other organized research units.
- Serve on campus and State University System (SUS) committees related to the articulation and implementation of policy relevant to research and creative activity including the pursuit of external funding. Committees may include: Senate Council on Research and Scholarship (SCORS), Government/Federal Relations, Corporate Relations and others as appropriate. Represent UF/VPR in organizations such as University-Industry Demonstration Partnership (UIDP), Government-University-Industry Research Roundtable (GUIRR) and others as appropriate.
- Serve as a liaison between investigators, administrators, partners, agency officials, and other UF Research staff and offices.
- Continually update knowledge of federal and non-federal agency interests and requirements to inform the institution’s externally sponsored funding strategy.
- Advise VPR and/or Office of Provost on possible candidates for faculty honorifics.
- Develop and monitor performance metrics related to strategic research development. Perform other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience; or a Ph.D. in an appropriate area of specialization. Excellent verbal and oral communications skills. Experience in an area related to corporate/business relations or economic development. Basic knowledge of the technology transfer process and potential for industrial sponsorship of research.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
All applicants should apply online at https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/listing/. Application packages must include the following: (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, and (3) the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Inquiries and nominations for the position may be directed to Dr. Anna-Lisa Paul, Chair of the Search Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 273-3080.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend