Fiscal Assistant III - Jupiter, FL
Job no: 524209
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Palm Beach
Categories: Office/Administrative/Fiscal Support, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:37010100 - SR-HA-ADMINISTRATION
Fiscal Assistant III
This position provides financial support to UF Scripps Biomedical Research end users. The incumbent will be responsible for calculations, collection, or verification of financial data, processing of account transactions and for unit account operations. Will work frequently with the accounting team, laboratory administrators, principal investigators, the Office of Sponsored Programs, the Controller’s Office, procurement, and other users to deliver high-quality customer service. This includes providing guidance to end users on processes or systems relating to accounts or fiscal matters.
- Responsible for calculations, collection, or verification of financial data, processing of account transactions and for unit account operations.
- Reviews and posts journal entries such as expense corrections and transfer journals.
- Maintains account ledgers and handles a variety of funds.
- Investigates and analyzes accounting errors and works with appropriate departments to resolve the issues.
- Classifies, records, and summarizes numerical and financial data.
- Develops and monitors budgets.
- Adheres to and interprets University financial policy and procedures.
- Provides guidance to end users on system functionality and financial information reports.
- Responsible for analyzing, preparing, and entering transactional activities related to procurement, commitment accounting, and fiscal processes such as processing personnel transactions and payroll.
- Reconciles and approves purchasing transactions.
- Reviews and researches transactions to provide information as requested.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves complex accounts transaction problems.
- Assists and supports departments with transaction questions.
- Supports projects for the Chief Financial Officer.
- Assists in analyzing and evaluating business processes and recommends actions to streamline processes or systems relating to accounts or fiscal matters.
- Assists with administration of departmental and project activities.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Commensurate with experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and five years of general accounts transaction experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Experience with higher education or the State University System is preferred.
- This position must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures relating to an accounting program.
- Effectively communicate in writing and orally.
- Utilize problem solving techniques and to work independently.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, applicants must upload resume and cover letter.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See the Qualified Positions link on our applicant FAQs page for a list of eligible positions.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
This is a time-limited position.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend