The Lastinger Center for Learning is an education innovation hub within UF’s College of Education focused on creating equitable education systems that improve teaching and learning across early childhood and K-12 education. Specifically, the Center targets kindergarten readiness, 3rd grade reading proficiency, and algebra proficiency as critical milestones in children’s educational trajectory that are predictive of success in school and life. The Center works at the nexus of research, practice, and policy to develop sustainable systems that leverage educational technologies and improve the implementation of research-based practices. Housed in one of the nation’s elite public research universities, the Center operates as a dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace focused on executing against UF’s service mission to strengthen the human condition and improve the quality of life.
The Production Manager at the Lastinger Center for Learning is an innovative, collaborative leader who communicates effectively with both internal and external audiences and manages the overall execution, quality assurance, and timely production of internal video projects, live streamed events, and external production contracts in collaboration with and supervised by the Learning Design Manager. The incumbent leads the video production functions for the Experience Design & Development team within the Learning Experiences department, including OPS and TEAMS employees.
Production Management & Leadership
- Leads the overall development and video production of New Worlds Reading initiative, Flamingo Learning, and Lastinger Center for Learning audio, video, and multimedia materials for the Brightspace LMS, New Worlds Reading, Lastinger Center website, and social media.
- Responsible for researching and staying aligned to industry standards, creative trends, breakthroughs, and leadership best practices. Implements changes accordingly to maintain the Lastinger Center’s commitment to representation, accessibility, and quality assurance standards.
- Manages inventory of equipment for studio production and live streams. Works with Learning Design Manager to provide technical and operational recommendations for equipment inventory and staffing requirements for execution of high quality indoor and outdoor live streamed scheduled events related to New Worlds Reading and other Lastinger Center strategic initiatives.
- Provide production and technical expertise in logistical discussions to stream events for New Worlds Reading and Lastinger Center strategic initiatives. Work with related teams as needed to execute a/v requirements for events such as Lastinger Center’s biannual All Associates Meeting, and New Worlds Reading family engagement and press events. Travel as needed to act as on site technical director for live stream.
- Manages and oversees execution of external production partner contracts for New Worlds Reading, Flamingo Learning, and Lastinger Center for Learning related materials. Oversee day-to-day operations of Experience Design & Development video production team.
- Identifies priorities and working goals for video production team. Tracks and uses relevant analytics to measure the reach and engagement on audio and video components within learning experiences and strategic initiatives.
- Works with other managers within the Learning Experiences Department to develop and implement new standard operating procedures for the video production team. Determines metrics for quality assurance that align with operational and strategic initiatives.
- Creates and maintains production schedules for materials development for the Brightspace LMS, New Worlds Reading, Lastinger Center website, and social media.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and supervision to the video production team.
- Assesses and evaluates job performance and productivity of team members.
- Ensures staff are provided opportunities to further their video and creative skills.
- Onboards, trains, and shows commitment to developing strengths in direct reports.
Other Duties as Assigned
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The mission of the Lastinger Center for Learning is to create equitable educational systems where every child and educator, regardless of circumstances, experiences high-quality learning every day to support children’s achievement of critical milestones that are predictive of success in school and life. In order to achieve this mission, the Lastinger Center is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a dynamic and diverse team.
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in also aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits and training.
Hybrid work location policy: Lastinger Center for Learning supports and promotes a healthy work-life balance. To achieve this, the Lastinger Center offers a flexible, hybrid work schedule that aligns with the university’s Flexibility in the Workplace Policy. Allowing employees to stagger arrival and departure times as necessary and to vary the number of workdays in the office so long as an employee’s FTE commitment is fulfilled within the university workweek. This policy also allows for occasional, incidental remote work based on individual circumstances.