University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry is currently recruiting for a full-time, 1.0 FTE, UF Health Physician. This position will be located at our University of Florida Center for Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine satellite facility in Vero Beach, FL. The candidate will provide psychiatric outpatient services for the Department of Psychiatry and manage direct patient care, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatments for adults. The candidate is expected to participate in the after-hours and weekend on-call schedule.
About UF Health Center of Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine:
The UF Health Center for Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine serves the Vero Beach, Indian River, and Treasure Coast counties with a diverse array of mental health / psychiatric outpatient clinical services and the most up-to-date and effective treatment programs.
- Provides full scope of outpatient psychiatry services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventative care, and health maintenance.
- Works collaboratively with members of the healthcare team.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate.
- Refers patients to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- May participate in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Participates in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical and operational meetings as requested
- Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice, as requested.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Open until Filled
Interested applicants should submit the following items as part of the online application:
- Please upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation. Review of applications will begin on September 12, 2022 and will continue until a sufficient applicant pool has been established.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Dr. Creelman, Chief & Clinical Eminent Scholar at email@example.com
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.