The Dean is the chief academic and administrative leader of the college and works collaboratively with faculty, staff and students to advance the college’s mission areas. The Dean is responsible for all matters related to the administration of the college, including academic programs, faculty, students, staff, facilities, budget, alumni relations, fund-raising and coordination and collaboration with other academic and operating units of UF and UF Health.
- Maintain and enhance the stature of the college by ensuring that it continues to be at the forefront of research, clinical practice and in educating students who are prepared to be outstanding pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists as well as leaders in the profession.
- Maintain high standards in faculty recruitment, appointment, promotion and tenure to support excellence in research, teaching and clinical practice, with a particular emphasis on diversity, broadly defined, in the professions supported by the college.
- In collaboration with other UF and UF Health entities, create and implement exceptional and innovative programs of education, research, clinical practice and service.
- Serve as a catalyst and advocate for innovative and impactful research.
- Foster a student-centered culture that enhances effective teaching, engages students in faculty research, maintains a diverse and inclusive learning environment, builds strong relationships between students, faculty, staff and alumni, and promotes leadership development.
- Maintain and enhance the financial health of the college through active representation with applicable state of Florida entities and raise the college’s visibility and obtain financial and other types of support from individuals, foundations and corporations for initiatives, programmatic efforts, research, public service, faculty and student projects, student support and discretionary activities.
Additionally, critical leadership characteristics for the position include:
Strategic Vision: Within a preeminent public university with a history of excellence and multidisciplinary collaboration, the successful candidate should be prepared to build on existing strengths of the college to create, develop and expand initiatives and programs that will advance the college’s contributions.
Collaborating and Influencing: The successful candidate will possess the ability to understand and thrive in a highly relationship- and consensus-driven organization, balancing competing needs to make the best strategic and tactical decisions for the college. The Dean will seek to engage with all stakeholders diplomatically and be able to articulate instances where compromise solutions are reached with limited negative repercussions.
Leading People: Within a large, complex academic setting, the next Dean will inspire, motivate and direct the college’s senior leadership team, faculty, staff and other stakeholders to their dean’s individual team, as well as colleagues, stakeholders and influencers throughout the organization.
The University of Florida, College of Pharmacy, strives to stimulate a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion within an exceptional community of students, faculty and staff. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and are committed to developing leaders who respect, support and have a positive impact on all individuals.
In recognition of its efforts to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment, the College of Pharmacy was the recipient of a 2021 Insight into Diversity Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Interested applicants should apply online. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a viable candidate pool is achieved. Potential interview dates for this position are being established and will be shared by WittKieffer in future correspondence with candidates.
Confidential review of applications, nominations and expressions of interest will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made. To ensure full consideration, candidates should provide a Cover Letter and a Statement of Contributions to Diversity with a Curriculum Vitae. These materials should be sent via email to the WittKieffer consultants supporting this search, Karen Otto, Joyce De Leo, PhD, Jeff Schroetlin and Tiffany Johnson at: UFPharmacyDean@wittkieffer.com
The consultants can be reached by telephone through the desk of Tiffany Johnson at 916-536-6888.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.