Crisis Intervention Clinician
Job no: 520857
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Allied Health, Law Enforcement/Security
Department:73010000 - UPD-ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
Behavioral Services Co-Responder
- Crisis Intervention: empathic listening and validation, de-escalation, assessment of suicide/homicide danger, safety planning, efficient intervention, consultation, with consideration of other risk factors such as substance use, self-care, social support, and mental status. Crisis counseling also involves interventions such as psychiatric hospitalization and post-intervention components including follow up with individuals of concern, other impacted individuals, and campus partners as appropriate.
- Other Duties as Assigned: Attend weekly meetings, maintain awareness of other university departments, community health providers, services, hospitals, and other resources. Engage in training of law enforcement officers or other department personnel in areas related to mental health as needed.
- Attends training classes as directed.
- Miscellaneous duties.
$60,000 - $65,000
- Masters in counseling, psychology, social work or other related field from accredited program
- Licensed or licensed eligible clinical social worker, mental health counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychologist in the state of Florida, including registered intern with the state of Florida under the supervision of a licensed Qualified Supervisor.
- Experience with crisis intervention and suicide prevention
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance, current statutes, rules and regulations relative to confidentiality.
- Must have a valid driver's license
Crisis intervention skills, knowledge of Criminal Justice System, Victim Services Practitioner Designation. Knowledge of Victimization Issues. General understanding of Florida Laws; skills in public speaking; knowledge of university community and Judicial Affairs; general computer skills.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend