Federal Work Study - Student Assistant
Job no: 516581
Work type: Student Ast
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Office/Clerical
Department:23040100 - CJC-JOURNALISM DEPT-GENERAL
STU AST- CLERICAL & ADMIN
UF College of Journalism and Communications is seeking a Federal Work Study student to assist with clerical and administrative office support.
The College of Journalism and Communications students are diverse, different and real, and they are looking for YOU! https://www.jou.ufl.edu/videos/ https://www.jou.ufl.edu/videos/the-faces-of-cjc/ We seek candidates who are committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals of all races, genders, nationalities, religions, sexual orientations, identities and abilities, and will express their culture and perspectives through the art and science of journalism and communication.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Job duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting department Chair, faculty and staff
- Work closely with departmental administrative assistant on projects and assignments
- Create graphics and content for social media accounts, bulletin board, and digital displays
- Customer Service: Answering phones and routing calls appropriately, checking main voicemail, disbursing mail, answering questions related to the Department of Journalism, assisting students with various forms, directing guests to various locations within the building
- Organization: Scanning and filing documents, keeping the work area neat and tidy, monitoring office supplies, preparing and copying reports, creating new spreadsheets as well as maintaining existing spreadsheets
- Other duties as assigned
$9 per hour
Must have Federal Work Study work permit, knowledge of graphic design, great verbal and written communication skills.
- Graphic design experience
- Knowledge of Adobe and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel)
- Demonstrate great customer service skills
- Attention to detail, strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as follow verbal and written instructions
- Demonstrate professional etiquette at all times
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload resume, cover letter and federal work study permit for consideration.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend