Hotel Front Desk Assistant
Job no: 513268
Work type: Student Ast
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Office/Clerical, Recreation/Event, Student Affairs/Services
Department:05190000 - RU-JWRU HOTEL
STU AST-CLERICAL & ADMIN
Student employees within Student Engagement must:
- Be a current University of Florida full-time student in good standing with at least a 2.0+ GPA
- Respond to and assist with emergency situations and building evacuations per department procedures or as instructed by building management staff.
- Provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to learn in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Establish an exemplary work ethic by being proactive, self-motivated, and dependable
- Participate in all scheduled meetings, trainings, and evaluations
- Possess the ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and academic breaks, as needed
- Act as an ambassador for all Student Engagement areas as well as the University of Florida, providing accurate information and campus resources
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation of the hotel information desk which would include making room reservations, checking-in and checking-out hotel guests, and responding to hotel guest requests
- Aide the visitors and patrons of the University of Florida Reitz Union by providing directions on locations throughout the Reitz Union, campus, and other various destinations
- Maintain documentation and billing information regarding posting room charges and accounting procedures
- Responsible for operating hotel switchboard (PBX) responding to hotel guests needs appropriately
- Completes all training requirements upon being hired in a timely fashion
- Ability to commit to working 10 or more hours per week
- Other duties as assigned
- This position is open to all students who are eligible to work on campus and must maintain a 2.0 grade point average. Registered students are employed on a part-time basis, up to 20 hours per week.
Although no experience is necessary to apply and all training will be provided, we would prefer for all student employees to:
- Possess the ability to work shifts during the early morning, evenings, weekends, breaks, and holidays.
- Proficient with verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate previous experience of cash handling procedures and reconciliation.
- Demonstrate previous experience with customer service.
- Knowledge of computer and database systems.
- CPR and First Aid Certified, or willing to obtain.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicant must submit a résumé with their application that includes all current involvement, organizations, or current employment on campus.
Applicant must complete additional questions related to application before the application deadline that can be found here: https://bit.ly/2lWLVYN
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend