IT Support Supervisor
Job no: 510351
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Arts/Museum, Executive/Director/Management, Information Systems/Technology
Department:56010000 - NH-DIRECTOR'S OFFICE
IT Support Supervisor
The Office of Museum Technology at the Florida Museum of Natural History is accepting applications for an IT Support Supervisor who will function as part of a team that provides desktop support to 500+ Windows and Mac computers. This position supervises two or more Support Desk employees and volunteers while working as a lead technician in the Support Desk.
Must be able to initiate new projects and lead them to 100% completion. The position is required to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Supervise all activities of the FLMNH Office of Museum Technology Support Desk
- Supervise and conduct hardware break fix operations for Mac and Windows workstations and laptops (e.g. hardware diagnostics, memory upgrades, hard drive replacements, coordinating warranty service, etc. . .)
- Supervise and conduct basic network troubleshooting and workstation configuration in a Microsoft Active Directory environment for Mac and Windows machines.
- Supervise and conduct technology purchasing (new desktops, laptops, tablets, monitors, peripherals, etc. . .)
- Supervise and conduct end user training and create tutorial content.
- Triage the ticket queue throughout the work day and assign/work tickets appropriately.
- Perform all aspects of desktop computer support in a networked environment, in support of FLMNH technology users.
- Develop policies and packages for JAMF Pro and Microsoft SCCM endpoint management tools, and maintain deployment schedule. This includes routine OS and software patching as well as self-service software centers.
- Create and update technical documentation.
- Interact with upstream IT on issues of shared infrastructure, including endpoint management and communications solutions.
- Contribute to update and enforcement of work standards.
- Support use/adoption of project management tools and techniques.
- Initiate, develop and implement projects, protocols, automation, and procedures to improve technology services provided to museum end users, and participate in ongoing IT-related projects.
- Use internal database resources to conduct FLMNH OMT Support Desk performance analyses.
- Maintain and update Windows and Macintosh operating systems deployment processes (e.g. update images for existing operating systems to include current errata and hotfixes, create images for new operating system versions, create and maintain scripts for automated deployment, etc. . .)
- Compile and report Support Desk ticketing system, survey results, and customer service analytics to Support Desk staff and OMT leadership.
- Maintain and develop skillset on current technologies as appropriate.
- Think and operate independently while functioning as part of the team.
$55,000 - $65,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience
Bachelor's degree; or an associate's degree and two years of relevant experience.
A well-qualified candidate will have:
If not already completed, CAPM, CompTIA A+ or Microsoft MCSA Desktop (or other approved certification) must be attained within first six months of employment.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend