- Responsible for all aspects of coordinating the student programs. Assist students with questions, forms, registration, etc. Coordinate student registration for Department controlled courses and elective courses controlled by other departments. Work with students to ensure proper, up-to-date forms are accurate and schedule appointments with their academic advisor after forms have been reviewed. Responsible for working with students prior to meetings to complete curriculum form for courses/credits already received and establishing academic status.
- Incumbent will work as a liaison between curriculum committee, academic advisor and research mentor on student records, registration and sensitive student issues. Responsible for understanding, interpreting, updating, and communicating the student handbook and must provide accurate, consistent information to students. Assist with faculty inquiries regarding handbook procedures and working with Curriculum Committee and EGH faculty to make clarifications/updates as needed. Assist with procurement of course-related materials (e.g., textbooks, reprints, delivering printed materials to classes). Complete course textbook registration. Assure syllabi are completed on a timely basis and any updates are communicated to registered students timely.
- Assist faculty in managing Canvas files. Provide students with general information about course and program requirements. Triage inquiries to appropriate respondents. Establish and manage academic web pages for providing students information in a consistent manner. Mail out materials and refer prospective students to website locations as needed. Responsible for academic website material updates, accuracy and academic announcements.
- Participate in student recruitment activities including organizing applicant folders, scheduling for applicant reviews, inputting applicant information into departmental database and providing Admissions Committee with accurate summary data for admission decisions. Act as note taker and Coordinator for the committees which includes performing action items from meeting minutes such as UCC forms, communications, information requests and copying, etc.
- This position will serve Certificate programs and all degree granting programs from Masters to PhD level. Help with the advertisement for student applications. Responsible for all academic advertisement materials such as brochures, postcards, Facebook updates, etc. Maintain deadline calendar and ensure faculty are keeping all deadlines related to their classes and student requirements. Obtain classrooms for each class; develop matrix of all courses, their times and days of the week to ensure minimal to no overlap of our PhD and Master level programs. Establish and maintain accurate “weekly view” of core courses associated with the academic programs. Handle all scheduling of any committee related to the Programs, such as Curriculum, Admissions, faculty meetings, etc. Assist with and prompt faculty to complete UCC1 and UCC2 forms for new and revised courses. Assure the proper format of course materials per college and University guidelines.
- Schedule beginning of the year orientations, holiday gatherings involving students and any other meetings involving students. Assist Chair with assigning students to committees such as Curriculum, Admissions, Graduate Faculty Meetings, etc. Set up classrooms with a/v equipment and any other equipment needed.
- Manage online admission applications, compose and sign routine correspondence pertaining to admissions and advisement. Assist incoming students with new visa or visa transfer requests, which includes working with the Graduate School and the International Office to ensure students receive their visas timely. Access and manage academic student system documents (ISIS; NERCICS).
- Assist with graduate student appointment/stipend letters, submitting approved credit transfer information to the graduate school, updating committee members, assisting Business Manager on Graduate Faculty (new graduate faculty, removing terminated faculty no longer participating, etc.), graduation, etc. Manage all student files for EGH academic programs. Responsible for providing accurate, timely information regarding student enrollment, specialty, dissertation committees, TA duties, etc. Required to securely maintain all student information in organized folders. Guide students through departmental and university policies regarding records and access to their file
- Supervise support staff (web designer, work study, and/or OPS): Coordinate workflow, communications, processes and procedures for all work done in direct support of the Chair. Direct activities, recruit, hire, train, assign and monitor work. Respond to inquiries and resolve problems. Assist with website articles, photos and auditing content periodically for accuracy and updated information.
- Greet, assist or refer visitors and students, as appropriate. Route calls, take messages, triage routine requests, make appointments as needed, etc. Help to organize and conduct events such as faculty retreats, luncheons, dinners, gatherings and award ceremonies. Assist departmental staff with catering orders, meeting set-ups and clean-up. Provide a friendly, approachable atmosphere to incoming students, faculty, staff, visitors, and community members. Point of contact for visiting speakers, scholars, and new hires. Handle aspects of visiting speakers including communications, the drafting of posters, flyers or any other printed or online materials. Organize new hires transitional plan to the University (interview schedule for postdocs, working with realtor, IRB, HR).
- Previous experience working with students, faculty, or the public.
- Previous project coordination experience.
- Previous work experience with people from other cultures.
- Previous experience working with ISIS and NERCICS.
- High level of professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software, website development, and Adobe software products.
- Must be able to work independently, maintain confidentiality, and exercise good judgment at all times.
- Experience working in a research or academic setting.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks and be a problem-solver.
- High level of attention to detail essential.
- Must be able to stay calm during stressful situations and follow the hierarchy of the Department.
- Must be able to interact with faculty, staff, and visitors – in person, via written communications, and on the telephone – with a high degree of professionalism and friendliness.