Multi-Service Veterinary Technician
Job no: 505969
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28311000 - VM-HOSPITAL
Veterinary Technician I/II
The University of Florida Small Animal Hospital is seeking a veterinary technician to assist a variety of specialty services within the hospital.
- This individual should be interested in providing exemplary veterinary care, teaching veterinary students, communicating with a large team, and working with a variety of specialty services.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for providing technical assistance including general nursing care, assisting in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, sample submission and interpretation, and some specialty-specific nursing skills.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, professional, has strong interpersonal skills, and has a strong desire to develop their skills and knowledge.
- This position requires a post-offer health assessment.
$13.00-$17.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Veterinary Technician I: High school diploma or equivalent and two years of veterinary experience or one year of veterinary experience and currently enrolled in a veterinary technician program or a graduate of a veterinary technician program.
Veterinary Technician II:Credentialed veterinary technician and four years of veterinary experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology.
- Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications.
- Ability to maintain an effective working environment while in stressful situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various levels and responsibilities.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload the following documents:
- cover letter
- list of references
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend