End User Computing Spec II
Job no: 505814
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Department:27010703 - HA-TEACHING LABS
End User Computing Spec II
- Responsible for installing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues related to audio visual equipment. Responds to tier two audio visual queue in a timely fashion and recommends escalation to tier three.
- Assists tier one staff as well as faculty and staff on appropriate use of audio visual equipment. Provides instruction and guidance for tier one staff and faculty/staff who need assistance in becoming familiar with equipment. Makes suggestions as to audio visual software and hardware that leads to a successful lecture and/or meeting.
- Meets with faculty and staff to advise new techniques, systems, and procedures to enhance classroom teaching and lecturing. Recognizes system limitations in relation to teaching and suggests modifications or replacement. Considers, adaptations to current workflows and discusses with management.
- Serves as technical resource to tier one team for audio visual devices. Participates in audio visual projects for learning space renovations and updates. Represents faculty and staff when considering changes in room technology. Contributes to physical implementation and documentation of updates and changes.
- Facilitates video conference spaces and events as needed.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
$41,000 - $44,000
Associate's degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Experience: Two (2) years’ experience in audio visual support or relevant support services
Must possess a strong knowledge of audio visual, educational technology systems and standards. Requires demonstrated abilities and experience in classroom technology and room automation technology. Requires experience interacting with faculty and staff in sensitive situations. Requires judgment in human relations skills to interface and communicate in an articulate manner with faculty, administrators, and academic personnel. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Requires the ability to work with technologies needed to enable educational technology.
- Bachelor’s degree and four years’ experience.
- Extensive knowledge of classroom equipment/technologies.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written, American English) are required.
- Customer-centric focus.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies (e.g. PC desktop common applications, internet and educational technology techniques).
- Ability to work independently and motivated to develop opportunities.
- Ability to organize and manage complex activities and to complete assignments in a timely fashion with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Crestron design and troubleshooting skills
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend