OPS Floater Client Service Representative
Job no: 504848
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Office/Clerical
Department:28319000 - VM-SAH CUSTOMER SERVICE
OPS Hourly Non-Secretary/Clerk
The UF Small Animal Hospital Client Services at the UF Veterinary Hospitals is recruiting for an OPS Client Service Representative supporting our specialty services.
- This individual will work one-on-one with clients and hospital staff and must be able to develop friendly, professional relationships and maintain a positive attitude throughout all interactions.
- This position is responsible for facilitating clients’ visits, directing communications with clients during their visit, and acting as a liaison between the client and the staff to ensure the visit goes smoothly.
- Individual must possess the ability to empathize with clients that are distressed by long waits, scheduling glitches, and other problems.
- Individual should genuinely care about people and animals, possess excellent communication skills, be highly organized, have strong public relations skills, take initiative to problem solve, exhibit active listening skills, possess confidence in handling customer interactions, demonstrate relationship building skills, project a professional image, and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be outgoing, full of enthusiasm and a team player.
Starting salary is $13.00 to $14.00 per hour.
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills, both verbally (telephone and person-to-person) as well as good literacy skills (ability to read and compose grammatically correct sentences) are critical to the success of this position
- Good computer skills
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations involving money
- Knowledge of medical terminology, veterinary medicine, medical records, and billing systems
- Ability to make timely decisions
- Ability to work within a team and perform with minimum supervision
- Ability to multitask as well as ability to set and change priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule
- Ability to set priorities and solve problems
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Client Services is staffed 7 days a week, 7:00 am – 11:00 pm. Open schedule is preferred. Rotation/flexibility in scheduling is required. Schedule may be subject to change.
In order to qualify for this position, you must upload a resume, cover letter and list of references.
This is a temporary position.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend