Biological Scientist II
Job no: 502967
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29141900 - MD-SURGERY-VASCULAR
Biological Scientist II
- Designs and performs cellular and molecular experiments including PCR, real time PCR, Western blotting, ELISA, immunohistochemistry assay/imaging, cell culture, flow cytometry, and microarray assay. Modifies existing protocols to improve techniques or to incorporate new procedures most appropriate for research goals. Oversees execution of laboratory experiments, and assists in reviewing, approving, and/or interpreting results.
- Designs and performs animal experiments including colony management, pre- and post-surgery animal care, drug administration (oral gavage and intraperitoneal injection), minor surgical procedures, ultrasound imaging, and tissue/blood collection. Consult with researchers and other professionals to analyze problems, determine strategies, or recommend solutions.
- Performs data organization and analysis, prepares Figures/Tables, and presents the results to the group for discussion. Assists in preparing abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
- Performs tissue processing, sectioning, histochemical staining, and morphological analysis.
- Assists the lab manager with laboratory organization and management, including, but not limited to, routine maintenance on laboratory equipment, testing of new supplies, tools, and software.
$38,000 - $48,000 annually, commensurate with education and experience.
||Doctoral degree in biology or a closely related field; or a master's degree in biology or a closely related field and one year of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in biology or a closely related field and three years of relevant experience.
- Degree in biology or biomedical sciences is preferred.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D.) preferred.
- Successful applicant is expected to have hands-on experience in qRT-PCR, cell culture, and western blotting assays.
- Experience in flow cytometry and/or animal handling is a plus.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Interested applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend