Job no: 501246
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Library/Physical/Social Science, Other, Health Profession
Department:33070000 - HP-CLINICAL / HLTH PSYCHOLOGY
- Complete diagnostic assessments, develop and implement treatment plans using Evidenced Based Practice techniques, and provide ongoing mental health/clinical services including individual, group, and/or family sessions.
- Participate actively with patient and treatment team in developing, implementing and coordinating interdisciplinary treatment plan to provide high quality patient care.
- Discuss all relevant issues pertaining to the patient's care with various community networks, youth, school officials, natural parents, placing agency and other appropriate parties involved with the patient according to policy, regulations and best practice standards of the identified program.
- Timely document outcome of sessions, interaction with parties involved in the patient's care and incidents as required by policy, regulations and contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
$35,000 - $42,000, negotiable, based on education, skills, and experience
Professionals with one of the following credentials are qualified to provide psychosocial counseling:
- Social worker with a Master's degree or a Ph.D. in social work from a Certified Social Work Education-accredited school of social work
- Registered nurse with advanced specialized counseling education and training as a clinical nurse specialist or certified psychiatric nurse-
- Professional licensed to provide clinical, counseling, and psychotherapy services by the Florida Department of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance
- Counselor with a Master's degree in counseling
- Psychologist with a Master's or Ph.D. in psychology
- Master's or doctoral level graduate student intern from an accredited school of social work or a psychology or counseling program, under the supervision of a licensed practitioner qualified to supervise such interns.
- Prior training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and/or experience in providing this type of treatment is highly desired, though not required.
- Experience providing evidence based interventions, including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Prolonged Exposure, Exposure with Response Prevention, and Cognitive Processing Therapy.
- Experience providing treatment to individuals, families, and/or groups.
- Experience with a variety of general mental health disorders including Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Phobais, Social Anxiety Disorder, and/or Eating Disorders. Interest in and/or exposure to patients with chronic pain, sleep concerns, and self-harming behaviors is desirable.
- Preferred, but not required: LCSW, LMFT, LMHC (Clinical Supervision towards licensure is available for those pursuing LCSW and LMHC credentials)
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload the following documents: CV or Resume, List of References, Cover Memo.
This is a time limited position.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida Sunshine Law.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now