The Director of Development is responsible for implementing a broad range of fundraising activities for the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, focused primarily on acquiring major gifts. The position is responsible for developing and executing the college’s fundraising program to fulfill the financial needs as identified by the Executive Director of Development & External Affairs in alignment with the strategic initiatives of Advancement.
The Director of Development is responsible for the development and implementation of the development and alumni programs and will independently perform identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects. He or she will focus on individual prospects and work with leadership corporate and foundation prospects where gift/grant is assessed at $100,000 and above. He or she will build a portfolio of fundraising prospects and strategically manage relationships through face-to-face visits to bring major gift solicitations to closure. This position requires extensive travel by automobile; maintaining an acceptable driving record that meets insurance requirements and an active Florida drivers’ license must be maintained in order to meet this function.
Assists with planning and implementing short- and long-term development and alumni programs and strategies. Assists with designing solicitation strategies on a case-by-case basis, being cognizant of development and college office needs and procedures.
Assists in developing and implementing a comprehensive communications plan to inform constituents and identified markets about the mission, vision, and values of the unit, its funding priorities, and gift opportunities. Develops and presents major gift proposals, and acknowledge and recognize gifts in ways that are meaningful to donors, and appropriate to the mission, vision, and values of the unit and Advancement/UFF.
Effectively manages the development and alumni office including: using talent management best practices in alignment with the Vision of TB2 and R.A.I.S.E. Values; ensures best practices in office systems, files and record keeping; ensures effective use of strategic tools and resources such as contact reports, prospect management, research, and analysis, and the Advance database. Plans and monitors the budget, using resources for best results in fundraising and planning activities involving volunteers, prospects, faculty and administration.
Creates a structured process for the identification, recruitment, evaluation, recognition, and replacement of volunteers to strengthen fundraising effectiveness. Participates in recruiting experienced and diverse leadership on boards and/or committees in order to ensure that these groups are representative of, and responsive to, the communities served.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Three to five years of major gift fundraising experience with documented success in cultivating and soliciting major gifts of $100,000 and above from individual and corporate prospects with campaign experience.
- Prior experience in a college or university setting, enthusiasm for fundraising in a comprehensive research university, and the desire to work collegially within a goal-oriented fundraising organization.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and standards.
- Expertise in developing solicitation strategies.
- The ability to work strategically, develop and implement constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers.
- Ability to work collaboratively and a team player.
- Competency in problem solving.
- Excellent oral/ written communications and interpersonal skills; effective time management and organizational skills that are essential for success in this position.
- Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail. Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
- The ability and willingness to travel. A valid driver license and good driving record are essential.*
*Business expenses are reimbursed through a standard accounting system. The ability to pay for expenses using your own personal credit card or funds and have them reimbursed is essential.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a Résumé, Cover Letter, and List of Three References.
This requisition will fill three positions.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.