The Emergency and Critical Care department is responsible for evaluating/treating patients seen on the triage service and treating hospitalized patients in the Intensive Care Unit. This service is looking for veterinary assistants to help technicians and doctors to provide excellent patient care.
Primary duties of the assistants will include assisting the veterinary technicians and clinicians with triage patients and critically ill patients. Assistants are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the ICU, ER, and department equipment, as well as maintaining inventory and stock in these rooms. This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Animal restraint for catheter placements, bandage changes, anesthesia, etc.
• Transporting patients throughout the hospital
• Walking and feeding patients
• Documentation in medical records
• Assisting with patient intake
• Sweeping, Mopping, Dusting, Organizing
• Basic clean-up after procedures
• Cleaning runs/cages
• Restocking and cleaning of stock carts, procedure carts, and crash carts
• Cleaning and properly storing all equipment in the ECC area
• Cleaning and preparing items for sterilization
• Submitting and receiving central stores orders
• Assisting technicians with volunteer orientation and training
• Acting as back-up client service representative to the emergency reception desk representative