Postdoctoral Associate- AI-driven Drug Discovery
Job no: 527507
Work type: Post Doc Associate
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Computer Science
Department:32030000 - PH-MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
The Postdoctoral associate will work independently and collaboratively to develop novel deep learning algorithms for molecule design and optimization, molecular interaction modeling, and precision medicine. More details can be found: https://yanjun-li.com/openings.html. Additional duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the development and optimization of the AI algorithms for protein- and RNA-targeted drug discovery;
- Supporting the AI modeling and data analysis for the ongoing research studies;
- Preparing and writing research papers, presentations, grant proposals, etc.;
- Effectively coordinating research progresses with other members of a multi-faculty team regularly;
- Mentoring undergraduate and graduate students;
- Performing routine lab maintenance and daily lab duties.
Commensurate with education and experience
A recent Ph.D. degree or equivalent international degree in computer science, electrical and computer engineering, data science, informatics, computational biology/chemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in AI-driven drug discovery, machine and deep learning, computational biology, or bioinformatics research
- Self-motivation and independence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Being able to multi-task with multiple projects and keep pace in a dynamic research environment.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
In order to be considered, you must upload (1) a cover letter, (2) a full CV that includes all professional appointments/engagements, all post-secondary education, and all publications from post-secondary education and all respective dates, (3) and the names and email addresses for three references.
The University of Florida, College of Pharmacy, strives to stimulate a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion within an exceptional community of students, faculty, and staff. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and are committed to developing leaders who respect, support, and have a positive impact on all individuals.
In recognition of its efforts to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment, the College of Pharmacy was the recipient of a 2021 Insight into Diversity Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend