Create a Lifelong Love of Learning at the UF Early Childhood Collaboratory!
Recruitment bonus of $1,000, to be included in first available paycheck.
The UF Early Childhood Collaboratory at Baby Gator is nationally recognized in early childhood education field and is a NAEYC accredited program. Distinguished for their best in class curriculum and practices, UF's ECC is a team of professional teachers provide superior care and early education, support the advancement of early childhood research, and promote the University’s rise to a No. 6 best public university.
The UF Early Childhood Collaboratory is seeking engaging, passionate, and professional early childhood teachers. At UF's ECC our teachers provide quality care and early education to our children through play-based experiences, and real-life, hands on learning opportunities, fostering a life-long love of learning!
Child Development Teachers at UF ECC work and collaborate with a diverse, family-oriented team within our program as well as across the broader University of Florida community.
In this role, teachers have the opportunity to design their own lessons and to learn and grow in their careers through tailored professional development opportunities including individualized Practice Based Coaching, training and development through the University, and access to the TEACH scholarships to further their education or credentials.
The roles and responsibilities of a Child Development Teacher are as follows:
- Maintaining a learning environment that is supportive of children's growth, development and learning through age and developmentally appropriate lessons and activities.
- Creating, preparing and implementing weekly lesson plans that address social, emotional, physical, and cognitive areas and demonstrate respect and support of diversity in language, culture, and learning styles.
- Maintaining a safe, healthy, and hygienic environment for all children (ages infant to 5 years).
- Supervising safety and educational learning while on field trips around UF campus and the Gainesville community.
- Communicating and supporting parents to ensure the needs of children and families are met.
- Supporting special activities and research at UF's Early Childhood Collaboratory at Baby Gator
- Demonstrating a high level of professionalism by maintaining confidentiality of child and family information, adhering to policies and regulations, and maintaining professional communication with colleagues and supervisors.
- Child Development Teachers must be physically able to perform all duties related to the care and teaching of young children with reasonable accommodations, including repeated bending, kneeling, sitting on the floor, lifting children up to 40 lbs, and frequent hand washing.
- It is recommended that child care personnel are current with all immunizations routinely recommended for adults by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
UF Early Childhood Collaboratory at Baby Gator
UF ECC serves as the early childhood education center, for the University of Florida and has three centers on campus – Lake Alice, Newell Drive and Diamond Village. With a mission to provide quality care and early education, foster a life-long love of learning, advance research across disciplines, and support professional development in all fields related to children and families. UF ECC has a team of over 60 teachers and administrators who work collaboratively to achieve this mission.
The UF ECC team fosters a positive work environment where diversity is valued and supported while providing a high-quality service to the children & families of the University and to the field of early childhood education.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Please submit resume, cover letter, list of references, and DCF transcript.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Multiple positions will be hired from this posting.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin April 19, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.