Bring Your Leadership to a Culture of Excellence!
The College of Journalism and Communications (CJC) at the University of Florida (UF) is seeking an Associate Director of Development to be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding potential individual donors for the CJC. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development & Alumni Affairs, the incumbent will develop and execute the fundraising program to fulfill the financial needs as identified by the Dean and the Senior Director in alignment with the strategic initiatives of UF Advancement (UFA). He or she will promote a culture of philanthropy by broadening constituents’ understanding of the value of giving.
- Build a portfolio of fundraising prospects and strategically manage relationships through face-to-face visits, which requires regional travel.
- Collaborate with the Gift Planning team to develop and implement gifting strategies.
- Qualify potential gift targets and prepare materials such as proposals and fact sheets.
- Develop and implement a mid-range and major giving donor gifting strategy.
- Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive communications plan to inform constituents and identified markets about the mission, vision, and values of the unit, its funding priorities, and gift opportunities.
- Acknowledge and recognize gifts in ways that are meaningful to donors and appropriate to the mission, vision, and values of the unit and UF Advancement.
- Assist with alumni and donor stewardship programs for the department.
- Assist with writing content for proposals, development brochures, case statements, alumni magazine articles and other development materials as needed.
- Oversee the engagement and activities around the Grand Guard events, Thank-A-Thon and I (Heart) CJC.
- Provide research, market, and prospect information for inclusion into the UFA’s integrated database, and handle confidential prospect information in a sensitive, ethical manner.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our faculty, staff and students come from all walks of life. The richness of that diversity contributes to our innovation and shared success. Join a culture that fosters an environment of inclusion, awareness, and engagement.
About the College of Journalism and Communications
The College of Journalism and Communications is accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC) and is home to four departments – Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations, and Telecommunication. The college provides hands-on learning immersion experiences through the Innovation News Center, The Agency, Frank gatherings, the Division of Multimedia Properties, the Summer Media Institute, undergraduate research, various extracurricular groups and activities, etc. To learn more: https://www.jou.ufl.edu/this-is-cjc/
About the Advancement Team
The Advancement and Alumni Relations Team is an integral part of the Dean’s Office and an extension of the ODAA/UF Foundation. We are committed to “The Gold Standard Culture” and live it through our vision and values.
Vision: To Be the Best
Values: As a passionate, competitive, hardworking team, we take great pride in our culture/values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Stewardship, Excellence (R.A.I.S.E.)
Advancement and Alumni Relations Team: https://www.jou.ufl.edu/alumni-support-2/contact-us/
About the City of Gainesville
Gainesville (http://cityofgainesville.org) is home to Florida's largest and oldest university, and so is one of the state's centers of education, medicine, cultural events and athletics. Additionally, the city owns a regional transit system, a regional airport, and a 72-par championship golf course. Known for its preservation of historic buildings and the beauty of its natural surroundings, Gainesville's numerous parks, museums and lakes provide entertainment to thousands of visitors. Because of its beautiful landscape and urban "forest," Gainesville is one of the most attractive cities in Florida.
Explore Gainesville in 60 Seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=e_7nUKAFanM&skip_registered_account_check=true
- Three plus years of fundraising experience in development, alumni affairs, education, public relations, external affairs, station/media sales, and/or higher education
- Prior experience in a college or university setting
- Enthusiastic with a desire to work collegially
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and standards
- Expertise in developing solicitation strategies
- Competency in problem solving
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Working knowledge of: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail. Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system
- The ability and willingness to travel