The Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing invites applications for the position of Assistant Vice President for Marketing. The next AVP for Marketing will be an ambassador for UF and will use their in-depth knowledge and experience in brand strategy, marketing, advertising, digital media, social media, and creative outreach approaches to innovate and advance a distinctive and strengthened organizational brand. They will have the chance to advance UF’s marketing organization as a national leader.
The successful applicant for this position will report to the Vice President of Strategic Communications and Marketing and work collaboratively with the AVP for Communications. Together, these leaders will elevate UF’s stature and positively position the university as a leader in higher education, nationally and internationally.
- Lead an effective team of professionals with strength in brand and positioning strategy, web and digital platforms, social media, creative and photography services, market research and internal engagement and advocacy.
- Lead the development of a campus community-engaged brand and positioning planning process and strategy development.
- Advance an integrated marketing communications plan to broaden awareness of the university’s academic and research prowess and drive engagement across key stakeholder audiences.
- Manage UF’s brand and standards to ensure a consistent and unified identity.
- Manage external marketing communications agencies.
- Identify opportunities for market research and track performance of marketing strategies for effectiveness and return on investment.
- Lead digital and social media platforms.
- Coordinate marketing initiatives across campus to ensure consistency in a decentralized structure. Collaborate with deans and campus communicators in support of UF’s strategic priorities.
- Serve as a trusted resource to deans, directors and campus communicators for expert advice, training and best practices.
The Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing
We are a talented team of integrated communications professionals, media relations experts, content creators, designers, videographers and social media strategists. It is our mission to protect and advance the reputation of UF and to enrich the value and impact of the university by unifying its voice. We cultivate faculty engagement in communications efforts, build strong collaboration with college and unit leaders and communicators to support them in the roles, and effectively advance the university’s reputation locally, nationally and internationally.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.