Application Programmer II - Disney Lab
Job no: 521759
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Palm Beach
Categories: Computer Science, Information Technology
Department:37041030 - SR-CHEM-DISNEY LAB
Application Programmer II
The Disney Lab at Scripps Research Florida is seeking a research programmer to build tools, analysis pipelines and visual interfaces to process bioinformatics and biochemistry data.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- The hiring laboratory has multiple projects at the intersection of RNA biology, structural chemistry, and drug discovery.
- This position will focus on developing front-end interfaces to explore, visualize, analyze, and share bioinformatics and biochemistry data.
- Research programmers participate in project meetings, code reviews, the design of internal experiments to lead to publishable results, and the integration of internally developed approaches with project goals.
- Details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
Commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. A degree in a biological or chemical science may be accepted if accompanied with programming education, training, and/or experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in software application development and research programming. Lab/bench work experience may be accepted in conjunction with development/programming experience as determined by the individual lab.
- An advanced degree in a field directly related to the science developed/performed may be accepted in lieu of some experience (e.g. Master’s degree in lieu of 1-2 years’ experience or Ph.D. in lieu of 2-3 years’ experience), depending upon the individual lab.
- Experience with software development with modern frameworks
- Experience working with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- A demonstrated ability to apply the fundamentals of software application development.
- Experience in developing tools to share, visualize, and analyze bioinformatics and biochemistry data.
- Expertise in data visualization principles and methodology, and a portfolio of projects applying these principles to create web-based static and interactive visualizations
- Expertise in Python or R
- Expertise in modern web front-end development
- Expertise in user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design.
- Familiarity with biomedical research and methodology, including genetics genomics.
- Experience collaborating within an interdisciplinary team.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin April 21, 2023.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend