Marketing and Communications
• Develop, implement, and manage a marketing and communications plan utilizing various mediums including newsletter, social media, website, magazine, and events, to effectively reach relevant market segments regarding SBSD programs and services
• Develop original content and locate appropriate content for utilization in various mediums that delivers appropriate messaging related to SBSD programs and services
• Plan and implement outreach activities for SBSD programs and initiatives for internal UF departments and external businesses, agencies, and other stakeholders
• Work with key UF stakeholders to ensure effective outreach, including marketing and communications, to small and diverse businesses regarding available procurement and contracting opportunities at UF including ITN’s and RFP’s
Program Development/Program Support
• Responsible for coordination and management of department program initiatives including events, workshops, and fairs.
• Support current business and partner relationships and assist in establishing new partnerships with internal and external customers for purposes of promoting and advancing small business and supplier diversity initiatives
Internal Institutional Focus
• Plan, coordinate, and conduct activities for UF departments and academic units focused on building and maintaining effective relationships and collaborations that promote awareness and utilization of small and diverse businesses; collaborate with department staff to identify opportunities for small and diverse businesses to support the operational needs of departments and academic units
• Ensure goals and objectives of SBSD and the university are communicated to staff of UF academic and administrative departments regarding small and diverse business utilization; develop and conduct trainings on small and diverse business utilization for UF staff
• Identify internal strategic partners for various department initiatives and programming; develop and manage relationships with key university departments and academic units including Procurement, Facilities, [Planning, Design, and Construction], and research units to support the needs of the departments and academic units relative to small business utilization and supplier diversity
• Responsible for developing and implementing programs and services designed to increase awareness, attract, inform, and educate small and diverse business owners for purposes of facilitating increased participation in available procurement opportunities at UF
• Establish and maintain effective relationships, collaborations, and communications with small and diverse businesses; identify opportunities, barriers, and other needs of small and diverse businesses relative to their successful participation in procurement opportunities
• Identify external strategic partners for various department initiatives and programming
• Provide support and assistance to firms for their subcontractor outreach efforts
Reporting and Compliance
• Manage supplier diversity metrics tracking and reporting to measure program success and to identify areas of non-compliance or deficiencies
• Prepare reports of supplier diversity metrics as directed; review and analyze data; present recommendations based on findings
A criminal background will be conducted.
Normal work hours are 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.