Individual must possess the ability to empathize with clients that are distressed by long waits, scheduling glitches, and other problems. Individual should genuinely care about people and animals, possess excellent communication skills, highly organized, strong public relations skills, initiative to problem solve, active listening skills, confidence in handling customer interactions, relationship building skills, projecting a professional image, and good interpersonal skills. Must be outgoing, full of enthusiasm and a team player.
• Coordinates the daily activity of animals admitted to and discharged from the Small Animal Hospital.
• Greet clients and their pets as they check into the hospital. Knowledgeable of the reason for their visit and able to identify them and their pet by name.
• Educate clients about their visit and what to expect, the different services we offer, procedures we are able to do, and latest technology we can utilize.
• Ensure owners are informed as to what is happening with their pet during their visit and provides status updates. Relay medical information from the doctor to the client when necessary.
• Always smiles, informative and professional manner. Regularly checks on clients who are waiting in exam rooms to see if they have any unspoken needs.
• Admits patients, facilitates completing required paperwork and authorization documents. Processes deposit payments.
• Ensure all pharmacy scripts have been entered and received. Ensure the service has reviewed the discharge instructions, and home care. Review patient’s bill and verifies all charges have been entered.
• Schedule follow-up appointments. Ensure appropriate paperwork has been sent to the rDVM in a timely manner.
• Ensure all paperwork is completed and signed.
• Resolve any problems that may come up for a client; assist clients to their car if needed.
• Provides accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by clients', ensuring complete client satisfaction.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbally (telephone and person-to-person); as well as good literacy skills(ability to read and compose grammatically correct sentences) are critical to the success of this position.
- Good computer skills
- A high school diploma and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations involving money
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology, veterinary medicine, medical records, and billing systems
- Ability to make timely decisions
- Ability to work within a team and perform with minimum supervision
- Ability to multitask as well as ability to set and change priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule
- Ability to set priorities and solve problems
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This posting will be used to fill multiple positions.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits including health insurance and paid time off.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.