Academic Assistant I - Community Health and Family Medicine
Job no: 508953
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support
Department:29160300 - MD-BIOETHICS LAW / MEDICINE
Academic Assistant I
The Department of Community Health and Family Medicine, in the College of Medicine at the University of Florida is seeking an Academic Assistant I. The incumbent will coordinates activities and functions of the Program in Bioethics, Law and Medical Professionalism (BLMP) to ensure the goals and objectives of the program are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, time limitations, funding limitations and/or other specifications. Duties of this position include managing BLMP program activities for teaching, providing faculty with general administrative support and coordinating the ethics consult service. This position is also part of the department administrative support team and as such backs up answering Community Health and Family Medicine (CHFM) phones, greets visitors, and works with the department’s support staff to provide backup for departmental administrative needs.
Education Related Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the organization of all course material for courses offered to medical and graduate students. Organizes course syllabi, course materials, faculty preparation materials, and maintains course materials using the online course management system (i.e. CANVAS).
- Schedules meeting times/places for education activities.
- Coordinates schedules and materials for third and fourth year medical student clerkships and electives.
- Sends related correspondence as needed to students regarding course meetings, classroom assignments, lectures, dates and times.
Consult Service/Ethics Committee Responsibilities:
- Serves as liaison between the Ethics Program faculty and Shands Communications throughout the year, ensures proper routing of consult calls.
- Maintains highly confidential Ethics consultation information.
- Enters the Ethics consult call schedule within SPOK.
- Enters consult information into internal database as needed.
- Coordinates monthly Ethics Committee meetings.
Ethics Program Administrative Support:
- Coordinates activities of the program with interrelated activities of other programs, departments or staff.
- Assists faculty in the preparation of pre and post travel paperwork, including authorizations, travel arrangements as requested and post travel reimbursement.
- Assist faculty with submission of leave forms and obtains Program Director’s approval as needed.
The salary range is between $16.50 to $18.25 per hour, and is commensurate with skills and experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience.
- Grant preparation
- Research paper preparation
- Budget preparation
- Managing and scheduling courses
- Coordinating and keeping accurate records
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order for your application for this position to be considered complete, you must upload a resume, and a cover letter, or letter of interest.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Able to transport himself/herself to various training activities and meetings.
- Able to attend occasional 7:00 am meetings
- This is a time-limited position. An appointment to a position funded by contract and grant, auxiliaries, or local funds, as appropriate, for a particular project, enterprise, or specified period. Such designation must be made to the position at the time of recruitment. A time-limited position shall have the same rights as a position with a regular appointment modifier, except such position shall not have rights provided for layoff, or recall.
- This is not a temporary position.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend