The University of Florida, Department of Community Health and Family Medicine is seeking a Human Resources Assistant.
The Human Resources Assistant is primarily responsible for managing the payroll and leave for the department of Community Health and Family Medicine (CHFM) at the University of Florida. The incumbent will serve as the department’s resource for time and leave questions. Additionally, they will be responsible for time and leave entries and audits to ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable laws, policies, and regulations. Furthermore, the incumbent will process staff and unpaid appointments and assist the Human Resources Manager with other recruitment, personnel, and administrative tasks.
Payroll & Leave duties:
• Manage and monitor the department’s worked time, enter variable compensation, and monitor the upper level approvals to ensure all paid time is processed by the deadlines.
• Monitor the salary distributions for variable compensation payments, and enter or adjust as needed each pay cycle.
• Manage Annually: December leave cash outs, vacation leave balance roll overs, overtime cash outs, tracking UF Homecoming usage, and tracking of professional & continued medial education activities.
• Assist the Human Resources Manager with the annual salary distribution entries including processing changes during the fiscal year.
• Enter, monitor, and audit leave and serve as department’s resource for time and leave questions, and processes PTO requests for affiliated UF-Health Shands clinic managers. Additionally, communicate with the administrative area regarding unscheduled staff absences and coverage during absences
• Perform regular maintenance of the department’s online leave system by archiving leave entries, and produce leave reports as assigned.
• Coordinate the faculty Orientation and Onboarding schedules including preparing and updating materials
• Assist with the onboarding of the Family Medicine Residents.
• Assist with the annual training license renewal process for the Family Medicine Residents.
• Process all staff hires and non-staff hires such as shadower, volunteer, and courtesy appointments.
• Process background checks, education verifications, and experience verifications as needed
Serve as a backup for the follow areas:
• Scheduling interviews and official visits for all staff hires including all communication and preparation of interview supplies for all participants.
• Processing the requests for performance appraisals by the set schedule and communicating with supervisors and staff, including logging information on the departmental spreadsheet and submitting appraisals to Employee Relations by the deadline.
• Processing hospital credentials for new faculty appointments, reappointments, and processing Medical Staff office documentation as needed.
HR Administrative duties:
• Track and monitor all required training for the department weekly and communicate with all faculty and staff regularly requesting completion
• Assist with Identity Management activities, and the GatorLink account creation for new faculty, staff, and medical residents.
• COM Off boarding: Prior to employee’s last day, complete the COM Off boarding process, and manage the departments shadow files as directed by the Human Resources Manager.
• Assist with the management of the department’s electronic personnel shadow files
• Assist with the department’s annual events such as Administrative Retreat, summer picnic, New Residents Welcome, and farewell & retirement events.
• Assist with miscellaneous tasks such as: ordering lunches, flowers, and supplies needed in the Human Resources area
Serve as a backup for the follow areas:
• Processing the departments Academic Activities reporting (AAR)
• Processing the departments Faculty Assignment (FAR) and Effort reports
• Scanning and saving materials related to personnel to be saved in the department’s shared drive.
Other administrative, personnel and payroll duties will be assigned, which includes regular cross-training with the HR team to ensure a full service Human Resources team to serve the department leadership team and all CHFM employees.
All tasks and duties require regular communication with the Human Resources Manager, including regular meetings to discuss progress and the status on tasks.