OPS IT Support Assistant
Job no: 508256
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Department:14900100 - IT-TSS-TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SERV
OPS IT Support Assistant
This position is within UFIT Academic Technology - TSS. The person in this position is directly responsible to the IT Support Supervisor who manages the TSS SW Team, serving our customers in the Southwest portion of main campus.
Primarily responsible for managing and supporting a subset of the ~2500 computers TSS supports on and around the University of Florida campus.
Standard duties include:
- Manual labor in the transport and setup of PCs
- Installing operating systems via our imaging process, and custom software
- Performing preventative maintenance, identifying problems, cleaning virus/malware infections, and performing troubleshooting.
A desire to learn and grow with possibilities of advancement within AT-TSS, UFIT, or the greater UF community.
Work hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
$10.50 per hour Commensurate with qualification and experience
A high school diploma and one year of any combination of relevant experience, education and/or certification.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to move up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to crawl under and around desks and other furniture.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week.
This unit is looking for a detail oriented individual with the working knowledge of computing in a corporate environment including;
- Active Directory
- As well as computer hardware/software troubleshooting, and network protocols.
- Ability to maintain documentation for procedures
- Ability to be able to learn and absorb technical skills quickly.
- No programming/software development in this position.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload:
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 references
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This is a time-limited position.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend