Assistant Director, Research Administration
Job no: 501938
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Executive/Director/Management, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:11060000 - OR-DIRECTOR SPONS. RESEARCH
Assistant Director, Research Administration
The Assistant Director provides leadership and oversight for the management of all sponsored programs at the University of Florida. With latitude for independent judgment and action, the Assistant Director will work with the Assistant Vice President to carry out the functions of the Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP). In addition to providing oversight and direction to the Sponsored Programs Administrators and campus research administrators, the Assistant Director will be responsible for oversight of the non-financial sponsored programs administration teams within the central pre-award office at a comprehensive land grant research University receiving over $700M in sponsored programs annually. Further, the position will have a key role in the evaluation of federal, state, and Sponsor regulation and policy changes as they impact sponsored programs, for development of policies, process documentation, and training materials, for identifying business process improvements, and for outreach to the sponsored programs community at the University of Florida. Essential functions of this position include:
- Sponsored Programs Documentation
- Evaluate policy, regulatory and system changes in sponsored programs for their impact to the University of Florida sponsored programs enterprise
- Develop policy & process documentation for DSP business processes to be referred to by DSP staff
- Develop policy & process documentation for campus Research Administrators
- Ensure the DSP website has the most current and relevant information. Communicate changes to policies, procedures, systems, tools and reports to facilitate efficient and effective operations within DSP
- Sponsored Programs Training
- Facilitate on-board training of new DSP staff
- Develop and facilitate sponsored programs training initiatives inclusive of the RAFT programs, UFIRST training, and ad hoc trainings for campus units. This includes identification of training needs, creation of training programs with the support of DSP or campus subject matter experts, delivery of training programs through the most appropriate media, continuous evaluation of all training programs to ensure the programs are maintained
- Manage sponsored programs administrator teams
- Oversee the core office operations for constituency based teams to ensure consistency in execution of service levels and quality
- Leverage and build new tools to facilitate workload management and distribution to ensure provision of acceptable service to leadership, faculty and staff engaging in sponsored programs
- Serve as a resource and mentor to sponsored programs staff in execution of their duties
- Other Duties
- Reviews and approves proposals for submission to extramural funding sources and executes agreements and contracts that legally bind the University, under a Limited Power of Attorney arrangement granted by the President of the University. Perform these duties in a highly professional way that enhances the effectiveness of the Division in providing services to the faculty, facilitating interactions with University administration and colleges and represents the institution in a positive manner in the external business environment.
- In the absence of the Assistant Vice President and Vice President, conduct the Division's business. On the Assistant Vice President and/or Vice President's return, report any discussions and basis for decisions reached which may affect the Division.
- Additional duties as assigned
Commensurate with education and experience.
Master's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.
- Ability to function under highly stressful circumstances.
- Ability to interact cordially with coworkers to accomplish common tasks.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
- To be considered for this position all applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and list of references.
- This position requires a background check
- Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.
- This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now