OPS Administrative Support Assistant
Job no: 501099
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Human Resources, Office/Clerical
Department:11030000 - OR-PERSONNEL SERVICES
This position reports to the Assistant Director, Human Resources for Administrative Services in the Office of the Vice President for Research's Office of Personnel and Administrative Services. The Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing the HR activities of all units that report to the Vice President for Research. This position requires daily contact with the university community and the public. The position performs a broad range of clerical duties in support of the Assistant Director and must maintain a high level of confidentiality related to sensitive issues, and exercise independent and prudent judgment when completing the tasks and responsibilities associated with the job duties. Essential functions of this position include:
- Recruitment of new employees to the various departments within the Office of Research. This includes running background checks, verifying experience and references. Drafting up offer letters and other supporting documents. Making new hire office appointments and inputting the new employee's information into our system.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Assistant Vice President and Director of the Research Programs Development department. This includes maintaining their calendar, scheduling meetings, planning luncheons and university visits, as well as other tasks that may be assigned.
- All administrative tasks including answering phone calls, making copies and faxing necessary documents, maintaining conference room calendar, distributing mail, keeping track of van reservations and van logs, UFID and Gator1 requests, requesting UPP and UFIT work orders and maintaining associated spreadsheet, assisting in grad travel letters, coordinating Iron Mountain requests, checking Time and Labor and payroll.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the electronic directory, departmental addresses and phone lists when employees are hired or terminated.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, and storing office supplies as needed. An adequate amount of paper is to be appropriately maintained at all times. Purchase supplies as necessary for departmental functions; e.g., award ceremonies, etc. Receipts are to be appropriately submitted (per departmental protocol) to Office Assistant or Business Office for processing.
A high school diploma or equivalent and one year of appropriate experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Publisher.required
- Ability to answer a multiple phone line system in a professional manner.
- General knowledge of the operations for the various offices.
- Knowledge of professional office skills.
- Ability to be multitask.
- Knowledge of effective written and oral communication, ability to articulate and interpret information.
- Establish and maintain professional and effective working relations with others.
- Exercise good judgment.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information entrusted to this position.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
- To be considered for this position all applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and list of references.
- This position requires a background check.
- This requisition has been reposted. Previous
applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now