Senior Budget and Policy Analyst
Job no: 528319
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Executive/Director/Management, Legal/Audit Services/Compliance
Department:09010000 - GV-VICE PRESIDENT-OFFICE
Senior Budget and Policy Analyst
The UF Office of Government and Community Relations is recruiting for a Senior Budget and Policy Analyst. This position, based in Tallahassee, Florida, works as a collaborative team member, providing comprehensive appropriations and policy research and analysis to support UF's government relations efforts. Among the primary responsibilities are to monitor and anticipate executive and legislative branch policy and appropriations developments and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to assess their potential impact on UF. The Analyst will prepare briefing, advocacy, and analytical materials for internal and external audiences and perform real-time analysis and reporting on appropriations bills, spreadsheets, related materials, and substantive legislation.
- Collect and provide analytical and policy research support to the state government relations team members.
- Create and review budget documents for internal and external processes related to the legislative budget cycle and other relevant processes.
- Conduct real-time and long-term appropriations, policy research, and analysis to support the University of Florida's government relations efforts.
- Provide interpretation of proposed legislative bills and policies, as well as relevant state rules and regulations, and recommend strategies and language to improve policy that impacts the university.
- Conduct real-time analysis and reporting on appropriations bills, spreadsheets, related materials, substantive legislation, and rules, regulations, and other policies.
- Execute comprehensive appropriations research, detailed analysis, and thorough appropriation bill reporting.
- Actively participate in the collaborative process of developing and submitting the University of Florida's legislative budget requests.
- Perform detailed examination of funding allocations, budgetary considerations, and related appropriations documentation, ensuring accuracy and adherence to established guidelines and priorities.
- Foster strong partnerships and collaborate with other government relations professionals in higher education and external constituents, including the Florida Board of Governors and their staff, the Legislature and their staff, and key staff at the other state universities.
||Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Detailed, hands-on experience with the Florida legislative process, including policy interpretation, appropriations and public funding, and related activities.
An understanding of higher education policy and the University of Florida specifically is a plus. A strong grounding in Florida’s appropriations processes and documents, and an ability to build independent, accurate analytical tools that can be used in real-time is strongly preferred.
Must be able to analyze complex issues, work under limited supervision, exercise independent judgement, work under pressure and tight timelines.
Must be able to effectively communicate with various audiences and build trusting, collaborative relationships across a wide range of internal and external audiences. Strong organizational skills are required, as is attention to detail.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered all applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references.
Applicants should submit their application packages through the official Careers at UF website by October 3, 2023.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend