UF Health Central Florida, formerly known as Central Florida Health and acquired by University of Florida Health in January 2020, is an award-winning, locally owned and governed not-for-profit health care system and the largest, most comprehensive provider of health care services in the region. We care for patients in Lake, Sumter, and Marion counties through inpatient acute hospital services at UF Health The Villages Hospital and UF Health Leesburg Hospital, inpatient rehabilitation services at UF Health The Villages Rehabilitation Hospital, adult inpatient psychiatric services at the UF Health Leesburg Hospital Senior Behavioral Health Center and diagnostic laboratory services at several locations. As a premier health care provider, UF Health Central Florida takes pride in providing progressive, innovative technology, along with building strong relationships with patients, families, physicians and residents of the communities we serve.
Are you looking to join a premier health care provider? UF Health Central Florida takes pride in providing progressive, innovative technology, along with building strong relationships with patients, families, physicians and residents of the communities we serve.
We are currently seeking a full-time Gastroenterologist. This physician will provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
This physician provides full scope of clinical patient care and services which fall under field of training including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventative care, and health maintenance to patients at UF Health Regional Network clinical sites. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with members of the healthcare team including pharmacists, nurse practitioners, and nursing staff.
- Reviewing incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) and following up in a timely manner.
- Prescribing pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Referring patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program or patient care unit
- Directing and coordinating the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Following established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participating in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Participating in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical and operational meetings as requested
- Assisting in updating protocols and principles of practice, as requested.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.