The SMS will handle all aspects of social media management. This position will craft original, creative social media content and copy daily, targeting a range of audiences, for all flagship university channels. The SMS will have exceptional attention to detail and a deep understanding of the UF social media brand voice – assisting with humanizing the university. This role will interact with the campus community and oversee social media community management and engagement, responding to all relevant comments and messages – providing the very best digital customer service.
The SMS will also monitor sentiment, comments, and messages for issues management and brand elevation potential. This position must stay up to date on all current events, along with national and industry trends that may impact the university. The SMS will make data-driven decisions, measuring and analyzing social media KPIs on a regular basis to inform content plans. This role will generate and execute social media plans and campaigns. The SMS will implement best practices and share these across the university to encourage university-wide social media success. Extensive knowledge of and experience with all social media platforms and tools is required.
- Social media management:
- Content generation
- Community management
- Issues management
- KPI analysis
- Trend and industry research
- University-wide social media collaborations and guidance
- Supporting key SCM strategies and goals
- Supporting best-in-class digital owned media
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or related field with at least three years of experience managing social media for a brand.
Position is located on our main campus in Gainesville, FL. Normal working hours are Monday through Friday, 8a.m. - 5p.m., with occasional evening/weekend/outside hour assignments for campus events (e.g., commencement, homecoming, weather, and other time-sensitive events) and assistance with issues management. The social media specialist is expected to keep an eye on social media account messages, mentions, and engagement outside of normal working hours in case of emergency.
Ideal candidate qualifications:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on copywriting, editing, and attention to detail.
- Experience with content creation (professional photography and videography), with an eye for strong content.
- Experience with social media metrics tracking and data analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with a variety of social media management, project management, and digital tools/software, and all social media platforms.
- Dedication to ensuring best-in-class social media engagement, community and issues management, customer service, and content production
- Up to speed on current events and breaking news; ahead of social media trends
- Ability to work strategically, developing and implementing social media campaigns
- Sophisticated understanding of differing digital audiences and social media best practices
- Strong drive and initiative. Creative and strategic thinker. Quick learner. Problem-solver. Deadline-driven. Self-motivated. Positive, professional attitude.
- Team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills, but able to work independently
- Understanding of how professional brand social media management differs from personal use and management.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
To be considered, you will need to upload your resume, cover letter, portfolio, and list of professional references with current contact information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.