Research Technician - Shen Lab
Job no: 527480
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Palm Beach
Categories: Grant or Research Administration, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:37041070 - SR-CHEM-SHEN LAB
The Research Technician will perform routine scientific tasks; in a microbial natural products lab, including to set up and operate standard lab equipment of moderate complexity; record data providing basic analyses and interpretations; perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform full range next generation sequencing preparation; Interface with the corresponding scientist to plan and organize sequencing preparation and data generation; Using and maintaining the Agilent Bravo liquid handling platform for high-throughput NGS preparation; Evaluating library quantities and purity utilizing complementary approaches including Qubit and Nanodrop analysis.
- Organization of the strain collection, especially through the use of DropBox and Microsoft Excel; Revive, grow, and harvest strain: For example, prepare glycerol stock of the lyophilized strains, plating strains, inoculating liquid strain cultures, and preparing cell pellets for gDNA isolation.
- Isolating genomic DNA from harvested strains.
- Collecting lyophilized strain from the cold room.
- Maintain consumable inventory and reagent ordering.
- Printing labels using thermal printer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
||Commensurate with experience.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate area of specialization or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, applicant must upload a resume and cover letter.
Please provide names and email addresses of three to five references as part of the application process. When ready, the hiring department will contact the listed references via email requesting their reference letters to be uploaded directly to the application website.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See the Qualified Positions link on our applicant FAQs page for a list of eligible positions.
This is a time-limited position.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin July 3, 2023.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend