The newly created Center for Inflammation Science and Systems Medicine (CISSM) at the University of Florida-Scripps Institute for Biomedical Innovation & Technology, is seeking an outstanding molecular biologist for a postdoctoral position to work in multidisciplinary projects related to lung biology and disease. The successful applicant will be part of the Garcia Laboratory that combines molecular, cell, animal modeling and lung biology techniques with gene and protein analysis to explore molecular basis of inflammatory lung diseases. A high level of self-motivation and participation in a collaborative team is required.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
1. RNA and DNA molecular manipulation as extraction from multiple tissues, enrichment/purification. Sample throughput and library preparation for NGS.
2. Biomarker detection in human specimens using ELISA and electrochemiluminescence multiplex detection.
3. Genotypification techniques and gene expression techniques such as RTPCR for mRNA detection quantification.
4. Conduct Bioinformatic analysis of lab assays. pipeline that includes: data manipulation for quality control, de nova assembly mapping and alignment using Cufflink, Cuffmerge, assembly, TopHat, Bowtie, HTSeq-count, DESeq and DESeq2. Experience in using R and RStudio for visualizing data of the (Cuffdiff or DESeq output data for differentially expressed genes.
5. Conduct analysis of genotype/phenotype data association in PLINK.