The Office of Internal Audit (OIA) supports the University's mission by providing objective and independent assurance, consulting, and investigative services to reduce risks and improve operations.
The OIA invites applicants for the Office Manager position. The Office Manager is a highly independent position that provides assistance to the Chief Audit Executive (CAE) and Directors in overseeing the administration of the department. This position manages and implements the administrative, fiscal, and human resource functions of the department in accordance with University of Florida policies and procedures.
• Serve as liaison to various constituents through correspondence, phone, and in-person contact, including responsibility for OIA reception (in-person and office telephone lines).
• Maintain general office documentation including process workflows, organizational charts, letterhead, and other internal operating procedures and policies relative to the administrative management of the office.
• Coordinate meetings and events, including preparing agendas, coordinating logistics, and taking minutes.
• Serve as a central point for the final preparation (including consistency and quality review) as well as distribution of audit, consulting, and investigation reports, whistleblower determination letters, the OIA Annual Report, monthly/quarterly direct time reports, correspondence under the CAE’s signature, and other projects undertaken by the OIA, as appropriate.
• Serve as Vice President Liaison Assistant for the Board of Trustees Audit and Compliance Committee: coordinate pre- and post- meeting activities, including: submission of meeting materials, attending meeting walk-through, pre-meetings, quarterly meetings, VPLA meetings, and taking meeting minutes.
• Coordinate travel arrangements, make reservations, and process reimbursements (UF GO System lead).
• Maintain office supply inventory, interact with vendors, and serve as contact for space, equipment, and facility issues. Point of contact for Ayers building management.
• Serve as gatekeeper for OIA team, ensuring inquiries and reports are accurately triaged and referred for timely response.
• Coordinate office and CAE calendars, schedule internal/external meetings to include audit entrance and exit conferences with senior university administrators.
• Attend and represent OIA in the following meetings: HR Forum, HR Liaison, Budget Office, CFO Roundtable.
• Manage billing and renewal for professional institutional memberships.
• Perform fiscal transactions and assist with budget and/or fiscal reporting, reconcile expense reports on a timely basis. Coordinate activities with the Shared Service Center (SSC) to include prepping and submitting appropriate documentation and approval for vendor payments/processing, travel authorization, and expense report processing.
• Serve as UF HR Liaison, Identity Management Coordinator for department and state Auditor General staff, UF Asset Management Departmental Contact, GatorONE card Authorizer, and renew annual Official Business parking permits.
• UF Asset Management Departmental Contact: conduct records inventory, and initiate property transfers and surplus pickup requests.
• UF Space Inventory System certifier - conduct annual Space Survey.
• Departmental Purchasing Card (P-Card) holder; make approved purchases and submit receipts for review and reconciliation.
• Monitor administrative budget; run and format queries and financial reports in myUFL; prepare budgeting spreadsheets and the monthly financial report for the CAE's review and approval.
• Consult with CAE to submit/complete annual budget process (Budget Prep, All Funds Budget) in the budgeting system; complete fiscal year-end processes; initiate budget transfers and journal entries, as necessary.
• Monitor and adjust payroll distributions, as appropriate; Serve as departmental leave keeper, run and monitor bi-weekly preliminary and final pay lists for accuracy.
• Coordinate with SSC to manage HR processes for department, including recruitment/hiring, position description update, SPI, and termination/retirement.