Fiscal Assistant II
Job no: 525017
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Business/Accounting/Finance, Office/Administrative/Fiscal Support, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:73010000 - UPD-ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
Fiscal Assistant II
- Responsible for all of the clerical-accounting duties associated with the processing of payroll records for police department personnel, (84 full-time sworn positions, and approximately 50 non-sworn positions and OPS/CWSP positions).
Ensure all employees are certified correctly for hours worked and leave used;
Review time sheets for each employee using PeopleSoft system to ensure accurate hours worked and leave used are properly accounted for.
Reconcile Pay List reports with Payable Time summaries and accounts receivable/personnel system for each department employee following each pay period; note any discrepancies and take appropriate corrective action.
Ensure overtime reported has a supporting record of overtime worked properly completed with employee signature and supervisor approval; reconcile hours worked for overtime purposes when leave has been used (for sworn personnel this is a specialized process with implications derived from the reimbursement of salary funds);
Ensure compensatory time earned has a supporting record of compensatory time earned with employee signature and supervisor approval, when necessary.
Prepare supplemental time certifications (prior 60-day adjustments, on-cycle adjustments) and emergency paycheck requests when deemed necessary, submit for appropriate approval signature.
Prepare requisitions and initiate/monitor PCard transactions for all departmental purchases; ensure proper classification of commodity code, ensure mathematical accuracy, ensure correct chartfields are used; perform verification functions in accounting system to determine accuracy of encumbrances, account numbers, available balances and vendor codes as required; prepare reports for purchasing activity and reconcile with accounting system records; maintain auditable records maintaining internal controls.
Maintain appropriate files/records of all personnel incentive courses; ensure incentive pay is correctly included in employee’s pay.
Maintain appropriate auditable files of all associated payroll documents and payroll disbursements.
- Prepare current employee job actions (i.e. terminations, salary change, promotions, reclassification, etc.,) for both full-time and OPS/CWSP employees;
Responsible for the payable process for all department expenses and related expense reports. Prepare expense reports, invoices and PCard transactions for payment;
- Responsible for billing of reimbursable overtime; review payroll data for extrapolation of information necessary for computation of salary/OPS amounts reimbursable to the department; sort by organization to be billed and prepare appropriate billing documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date leave records for all department personnel; analyze and verify employee’s leave balance for accuracy and completeness and solve any discrepancies that may exist; notify supervisors and employees of errors and/or corrections; prepare leave balance reports for distribution as needed.
- Cross-trained to perform other duties such as department purchasing, financial reporting and reconciliation when the Fiscal III is unavailable.
- Submit Job Actions (i.e. terminations, salary change, etc.) for both full and part-time employees. Maintain and insure employee pay rates are kept up-to-date in the Police Personnel database; Ensure proper accreditation documentation is maintained and provided to the Office of Professional Standards on a timely basis.
- This position is designated as an Essential Employee. Essential employees provide vital support to the University of Florida and are subject to recall to work when deemed necessary by the Chief of Police/designee. Recall to work typically happens due to an emergency, disaster or special event that may coincide with the official suspension of classes and/or closing of offices.
$18-$20/hour, depending upon experience
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of general accounts transaction experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for required experience.
Knowledge of office procedures and practices; knowledge of principles and techniques of effective verbal and written communications; knowledge of the methods of data collection; knowledge of basic arithmetic; ability to compile and analyze data for administrative decisions; ability to organize and maintain records management systems; ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures; Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner; ability to perform basic arithmetical calculations; ability to work independently; ability to utilize problem solving techniques; ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Proficient with MS Word and MS Excel.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is eligible for veteran's preference. If you are claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend