Postdoctoral Scholar- Bioinformatics
Job no: 524142
Work type: Post Doc Associate
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL), Alachua
Categories: Health Care Administration/Support, Medicine/Physicians
Department:32030000 - PH-MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
The Postdoctoral Scholar will work independently and collaboratively to develop a bioinformatics platform for discovering bioactive compounds directly from less-explored marine organisms. Additional duties of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the development and optimization of the bioinformatic pipeline to support the translation of biosynthetic gene clusters into chemicals;
- Supporting the optimization of synthetic biology chassis for high-yield production of bioactive compounds;
- Supporting discovery and characterization of synthetically significant enzymes for biocatalysis and/or natural product research;
- Preparing and writing research papers, presentations, grant proposals, etc.;
- Effectively coordinating research progresses with other members of a multi-faculty team regularly;
- Mentoring undergraduate and graduate students;
- Performing routine lab maintenance and daily lab duties.
||Commensurate with education and experience
||A recent Ph.D. degree or equivalent international degree (within the past 2 years) in computer science, data science, informatics, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, synthetic biology, or a related field.
Demonstrated expertise in genome-based bioinformatic research;
- Self-motivation and independence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Being able to multi-task with multiple projects and keeping pace in a dynamic research environment.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
The University of Florida, College of Pharmacy, strives to stimulate a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion within an exceptional community of students, faculty and staff. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and are committed to developing leaders who respect, support and have a positive impact on all individuals.
In recognition of its efforts to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment, the College of Pharmacy was the recipient of a 2021 Insight into Diversity Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award.
As a part of our review we look for a full CV which includes all professional appointments/engagements, all post-secondary education, and all publications from post-secondary education and all respective dates.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
|Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply nowRefer a friend