We invite applications for a postdoctoral researcher in mathematics education to work with faculty and colleagues in the School of Teaching and Learning in the College of Education at the University of Florida (UF), Vanderbilt University, and the UF Lastinger Center. This postdoctoral researcher will join a collaborative community of scholars and educators committed to high-quality research, teaching, and service to the community.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct scholarly activities and support the development of a strong research program. Successful applicants must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. The applicants will participate in an NSF-funded DRK-12 project titled, Empowering students with choice through equitable and interactive mathematical modeling (EIM2).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and equity in education through scholarship, teaching, and/or service
- Collaborate with teachers and observe middle school classrooms
- Conduct interviews with focus group students and teachers
- Organize, collect and analyze research data
- Disseminate findings through presentations and publications
Start Date: October 1, 2022
End Date: June 30, 2023
The College of Education at the University of Florida consistently demonstrates strength and leadership in graduate education. This year the college remained in a top spot, for the seventh year in a row, earning No. 2 in the annual ranking of the nation’s Best Online Graduate Education Programs and No. 14 among public colleges for the nation’s Best Graduate Education Programs.
In online education, the college was recognized by peers as leaders in all available specialty areas, with the following rankings:
- No. 1 – Educational Administration
- No. 2 – Special Education
- No. 3 – Curriculum and Instruction
- No. 7 – Instructional Media/Educational Technology
At the undergraduate level, UF earned No. 1 in U.S. News’ Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. Our Bachelor of Arts in Education Sciences, launched in 2020, establishes a foundation of knowledge allowing graduates to pursue a variety of careers in the field of education.
Learn more about the 2022 Best Online Programs, and the full story about our 2023 Graduate Education Program rankings